Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 04:48 AM

Default I Raise My Two Pair Flop Checkraiser

What reads?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

I fear he may have a better kicker. 3-bet?

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I don't think he has a straight, his flop checkraise doesn't make sense if he had one.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Is this boring and standard?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: I Raise My Two Pair Flop Checkraiser

It looks good to me.

When SB 3-bet the turn, I'd start calling down too.

I think SB most likely has at least two pair (which you may or may not beat), and I'm not completely ruling out a set or straight.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:32 AM

Since it's unlikely he's playing a frush draw like that, why not just 3-bet the frop?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:18 AM

Yeah I think I just acted too quickly.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 AM

I would put him on a completed or an open end straight draw since his check raising should be correct to protect his hand on a two flush board when its almost imposible for 1 bet to make the flush drawings fold. I do risk a dreadful free card as well to protect my hand here.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would put him on a completed or an open end straight draw since his check raising should be correct to protect his hand on a two flush board when its almost imposible for 1 bet to make the flush drawings fold. I do risk a dreadful free card as well to protect my hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

he can't protect his hand against a flush draw, neither with a bet nor with a raise.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since it's unlikely he's playing a frush draw like that, why not just 3-bet the frop?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he might very well be behind on the flop and doesn't have many cards to improve.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks good to me.

When SB 3-bet the turn, I'd start calling down too.

I think SB most likely has at least two pair (which you may or may not beat), and I'm not completely ruling out a set or straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i think the same way. two pair has a decent chance to be best but usually it's not strong enough to cap the betting. and folding is no option of course.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:48 AM

I would have called the raise on 4th and crying call on river, I would think i'm beat and hope for the best. This is why i dont play K8s in 3/6 anymore because the chance i make my hand and still lose.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:26 AM

Slowing down and calling down following the turn 3-bet is fine. He's shown nothing but aggression for the entire hand, so it's clear he likes what he's holding. Though you're probably behind, I think you're good enough times to warrant a call down. Well played.