Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Remind me please---30/60 Hand

Hi Jason,
This is one of the spots where I routinely wait until the turn to protect my hand. You do have the nut flush redraw if a spade comes off also. I would like to face those types of players with 2 big bets versus juice the pot and not protect my hand. Hope this helps a little.

Donny
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jason,
This is one of the spots where I routinely wait until the turn to protect my hand. You do have the nut flush redraw if a spade comes off also. I would like to face those types of players with 2 big bets versus juice the pot and not protect my hand. Hope this helps a little.

Donny

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree I turn raise this damn near 100% and I don't even think its close. I think whatever value you add in small bets on the flop is substantially outweighed by the folding equity you gain on the turn. Plus you just punish hands that aren't right to call SOOOOO much more here when you get in a successfull turn raise. I mean yes, sometimes he'll check and you'll swear but I think that the overwhelming majority of the time an opponent like this is going to continuation bet, maybe even with a draw....
Old 11-30-2005, 11:48 PM

i raise the turn 100% of the time here. You arent raising to knock anyone out, you are raising to build a pot. Given the size of the pot, most legit draws arent going anywhere and you have a redraw.