Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Question About Combining Lines

Im very new to sports betting so please bear with me. Ive been looking at sports money lines and see that when you combine lines between two different books and get lines of -200 and +250 for instance where magnitude of the positive number is larger than the magnitude of the negative number its flawless where you cannot lose money but I think that this situation is probably very unlikely and if it is not very unlikely please let me know. What I was thinking is that by combining lines from different sites is there a way to give yourself a statistical advantage over the built in juice within the money lines. Please provide as many specific real life examples as possible as I feel that if this is true it could be a very lucrative way to bet on sports.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Question About Combining Lines

You are right. It is called scalping. You will find many on baseball and prop bets. I definitely think Tech is the man to talk to about this.

craig
Old 03-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Yes, these opportunities exist. The key is putting in the time to find them. Once found, just size your bets correctly so that you won't lose money and then look for the next one. You shouldn't get the idea that you are going to find a lot of huge scalps though. Most of them are like +100/+105, -113/+120, and such. It really is a grind, and it takes a good bit of capital spread across multiple books.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM

Yeah I assumed that it would be really hard to find a ridiculous scalp like namely +150 +130 or like -110 +220 or anything like that but with a large amount of capital you can make alot but that is also my problem not having a large amount of capital. Even at +105 on a 1000 bet youre only gonna make 50 and 50 really isnt that much of a profit for someone who has the 1000 to put down.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:21 PM

A 5% return on a scalp is fantastic. If you can find one scalp like that per month, you will generate a return of over 80% for a year (with compounding). You won't find many other ways to get that kind of return risk-free. That is the beauty of scalping.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:16 PM

Cool. Where can I find alot more info on successfully betting sports by combining different lines together and such. It just seems that the traditional methods of betting where you try to create your own line or you just pick a team depending on what you think is gonna happen is just s recipe for disaster because its so difficult to beat the juice.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:02 PM

bump
Old 03-30-2005, 06:39 PM

If it was that easy to do, everyone would be doing it.. keep that in mind [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]