Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a staggeringly uninformative episode.

[/ QUOTE ]
People need to pay attention more as well as have some patience. If they gave us everything in huge chunks it wouldn't be any fun.

1) They have a list of people's names and some knowledge of the background of these people. That's pretty big in my opinion.

2) They took "good" people for some reason. This ties into eugenics - creating a "master race" - one of the Hanso Foundation projects.

3) Perhaps the most out-of-place clue in the series to date: a glass eye? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unless it's just a setup and we'll later come across someone with one eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

best post in the thread so far. well said on all accounts.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What? I thought we learned a decent amount in this episode... and it's the only one so far where I haven't absolutely detested Ana Lucia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me three. However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) They took "good" people for some reason. This ties into eugenics - creating a "master race" - one of the Hanso Foundation projects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they didn't take the black dude - maybe a Nazi tie-in? But what was a Bible doing there?

And yeah, no clue about the glass eye.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they didn't take the black dude - maybe a Nazi tie-in? But what was a Bible doing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

they tried to take "Mr Echo." He killed the two Others and couldnt talk for 40 days afterwards.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:57 AM

He could talk he just chose not to I believe
Old 11-17-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they tried to take "Mr Echo." He killed the two Others and couldnt talk for 40 days afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't take it that way - I thought he just got involved fighting them . Was his name on the list?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:02 AM

Pretty good episode. Season two isn't season one, but season one was so ridiculously good that its hard to be topped. Thus far, season two has been somewhat slower, but overall solid I think. Many clues are more subtle, such as the teddy bear one and you have to have patience and be attentive, something many people don't seem to want to do with TV. I think it's rewarding to catch really nonobvious clues and hints. It's still the best thing on TV from my perspective.

It's interesting how they keep stressing that they want children [Alex, Turnip head, two tail kids]. The only thing I can think is that its the only way for them to get fresh blood and they want to continue their clan into the future.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could talk he just chose not to I believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately a Biblical tie-in to the Number 40

Forty days and nights
Isrealites ate manna forty years
on the mountain forty days and nights
Fasting for 40 days and nights
traveled fourty days and nights

I remember all that is in the bible

Could not tell you where, but it is in there, get a concordance and look up 40.

Better yet I will on the internet...

Here....

And God Said....Just Kidding it is Crosswalk.com

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3) Perhaps the most out-of-place clue in the series to date: a glass eye? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Unless it's just a setup and we'll later come across someone with one eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to re-watch the episode, but I seem to recall the grizzly old guy on the boat that took Walt might of only had one eye.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I actually enjoy the show's normal slow pace and would have liked this to be more detailed and spread over a few episodes. But I can't imagine the bitching that would be done on here by the "tell me everything now" sorts.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm of the opinion that based on season 1 (which i saw on dvd over a couple of days), the writers have earned a great deal of leeway to tell this story in whatever pacing they feel is best. since i haven't really got a clue what's going on and they do, i'm willing to go along for the ride. i view it as a very long movie. it isnt always gonna be a million thrills a minute, but the slower parts are important to the overall picture. ive seen nothing so far that indicates they arent in complete control of their story.