Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: You\'re wrong

Amulet, 1st off The AQ essay in ITPM, refers to calling a raise with AQ, not raising with it in the 1st place.

Some additional data if you don't believe nightwish, but I also filtered my PT database for KQ in EP. KQs is +.4BB/hand and KQo is +.1BB/hand, a total of 425 hands.

I'm not going to argue with you that this # of hands is statistically significant, but I would guess that we could sum up several folks that use poker tracker and accumulate enough hands to even get close to convincing you.

KQ (both suited and offsuit) are profitable in EP for me and I will most often open raise with them. Sorry if we confuse you with the facts.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some additional data if you don't believe nightwish, but I also filtered my PT database for KQ in EP. KQs is +.4BB/hand and KQo is +.1BB/hand, a total of 425 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just a weak, typical Vegas player, and my numbers are slightly better than yours (with a much larger sample size).
Old 12-25-2004, 01:40 PM

barry, i have seen multiple pt #'s for winning players, you chose to ignore that part of my posts. i think the difference is not huge either way with KQo, but i think it is a mistake.

yes ISTPM was discussing calling not raising. but i still think most forget position, and in a 10 person aggressive game with many callers do you want AQo?
Old 12-25-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Look at Clark\'s 40-80 hand n/m

n/m
Old 12-25-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re :Please Filter

i agree KQo is a profitable hand. you guys need to look at KQ in early position in a 10 person game. i think that will have a neg exp. please don't use your gerenal KQo #'s they are NOT what we are discussing.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and in a 10 person aggressive game with many callers do you want AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you're kidding, right?

~stephen
Old 12-25-2004, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and in a 10 person aggressive game with many callers do you want AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take it every day of the week, twice on Sunday, and three times on Christmas. Of course there may not be that many callers because it will be raised up front every day of the week, twice on ....
Old 12-25-2004, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
barry, i have seen multiple pt #'s for winning players, you chose to ignore that part of my posts. i think the difference is not huge either way with KQo, but i think it is a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ignore that, I was just giving you my data. You on the other hand have chosen to ignore the pokerroom stats, which is a huge sample, and shows that KQo is profitable from every position.

[ QUOTE ]
in a 10 person aggressive game with many callers do you want AQo?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! AQo is more profitable for me than KQo, but not quite as good as KQs. Lastly all of my suited broadways (ATs, KQs-KTs, QJs-QTs, JTs), with the exception on QTs are profitable from EP.

And most of my data comes from the Party 15/30 games.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: AWFUL REPLYS

[ QUOTE ]
very few hands have an pos ev up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but we're not talking about neg ev hands (at least I'm not). EVERY hand I play up front is pos EV. Including KQo.

[ QUOTE ]
you want proof, look at your pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. And KQo is profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
i'd love you in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you play?

I see where you're coming from trying to be the good, tight player. You won't find many tighter than me, but you're wrong on this.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:01 PM

no i am not kidding. i too like AQo, and raise early with it in most online games. however, it is not a hand i want vs a lot of people in a raised pot. it is a hand that does well vs few players.