Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Default I Need some help

Hi Everyone:

I've been informed that in the forums on Poker School Online that large sections of Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II are being posted. Could someone confirm this and perhaps post a link.

Thanks,

Mason Malmuth
Publisher
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Old 09-24-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: I Need some help

Mason:

Why not send an email to Mark Napalitano. He is a reasonable person it seems, I hope he would rectify the situation if it is true. This may (or may not) be happening without his knowledge.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 05:03 PM

Unfortunately I can't read the forums because it is a pay site. You will have to do what Luv suggests.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Hi Luv:

My experience with napolitano is not positive. Also, before I contact him directly, I want to be sure that the information I have already received is accurate.

Best wishes,

Mason
Old 09-24-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I can't read the forums because it is a pay site. You will have to do what Luv suggests.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT please. Only Mason can call me Luv [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

2 years ago I was experimenting with NL for the first time, so I joined their site (and quit one month later, its generally crap). If nobody steps up to the plate, I can see if I can get a reduced membership of some sort for "returning" to do the research for you Mason.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 06:31 PM

not sure if we would have many of the poker-school online folks in the Books/Pubs forum.

Perhaps someone from over there might be more easily tracked down in the General or Internet forums.
Of course, that increases the likelihood that Mark himself would learn of this thread.

In other HOH news - I mentioned in the WPT forum that I watched part of Ultimate Poker Challenge (syndicated show) last night.
Harrington was doing the commentary and got in a nice plug for his HOH books. He was even wearing his flat-billed green Bo-Sox cap during the broadcast.

Not the biggest poker program in the world of course so I wouldn't exactly expect a spike in sales though.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:10 PM

Hi Bob:

I'll also repost in the Internet Forum. As for Napolitano learning about this thread, that's fine with me.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-24-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

I've been informed that in the forums on Poker School Online that large sections of Harrington on Hold 'em: Volume II are being posted. Could someone confirm this and perhaps post a link.

Thanks,

Mason Malmuth
Publisher
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is NOT true, I am sure the person who contacted you was a member who was recently banned from PSO and he is trying to cause trouble. There was a brief post explaining what M&Q were and the zones, 1 post. A whole lot less then what I have seen posted on this site.

RZ
Old 09-24-2005, 10:22 PM

The "large segments" were, an approximately 200 word excerpt regarding the zones, and a brief segment about the background of Paul Magriel, who Dan credits with inventing the term "M", I believe it to be fair use.

Basically Mason, you were lied to.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 AM

Hi Shadow:

If that's the case than I would agree that this was fair use.

I noticed that you have only made one post on our site. So what's you affiliation with PSO? By the way, being affiliated with PSO is okay, and it would give your comments more credibility to me (in this matter) which we take very seriously.

best wishes,
Mason