Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Why I <3 these HU matches...

because they help me improve skills I'm probably not gonna learn until 1/2 6max, and exposes my leaks

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: bklyn_matty is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button :#A500AF(btspider)/ raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bklyn_matty 3-bets</font>, Button :#A500AF(btspider)/ calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bklyn_matty bets</font>, btspider calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bklyn_matty bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">btspider raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">bklyn_matty 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">btspider caps</font>, bklyn_matty calls.

bklyn_matty said, "crap, i must be in trouble" (before calling cap)

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">bklyn_matty bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">btspider raises</font>, bklyn_matty

bklyn_matty said, "or i could river well?" (before calling)

Final Pot: 16 BB

my leak of course is knowing that I am beaten on the turn, and probably should have check/called the river regaurdless of what came, not that I expected to win or anything, just so I can build up my read on btspider.

But instead I improve to trips, and instead of going "hmmm, I improved, but my trips don't win against his suspected straight", I went "OOOOO! trips! bet!"

I don't care what anybody says, I take these HU games seriously, and I like what is happening to my thought processes when I review my plays, as it overall is improving my game a great deal.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Why I <3 these HU matches...

i found it very hard to value raise this river with 95. i'm not listening to chat anymore [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw, i'm rarely capping for a free showdown unless i had 76 or J6 or similar counterfeited. so you get the one bet in either way and hate to see a raise.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my leak of course is knowing that I am beaten on the turn, and probably should have check/called the river regaurdless of what came

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play it the same.

Thinking he has T9 or JJ on the turn is weak-tight. Edit: Or 95.

Players like spider and Entity will often semibluff cap the turn in a HU match like this.

Yes, I'm being serious!
Old 05-15-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my leak of course is knowing that I am beaten on the turn, and probably should have check/called the river regaurdless of what came

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play it the same.

Thinking he has T9 or JJ on the turn is weak-tight. Edit: Or 95.

Players like spider and Entity will often semibluff cap the turn in a HU match like this.

Yes, I'm being serious!

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't include the latter part of my statement
[ QUOTE ]
my leak of course is knowing that I am beaten on the turn, and probably should have check/called the river regaurdless of what came, not that I expected to win or anything, just so I can build up my read on btspider.

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point, I was just fairly certain (&gt;50%) that he had the straight, just called to be sure that he would play that way, because I know spider is capable of cap-semibluffing streets.

With the motives I had for finishing the hand, bet/calling the river is pointless.