Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Post of the Month

For those of you who did not read the uber-loooong "Flawed Author-Cardplayer Articles" in Books and Software there was one post that simply could not be missed. Unfortunately I have to lay the groundwork which follows:

To sum up: Sklansky mentioned flaws made by three authors in the recent Cardplayer issue and then went on to say

[ QUOTE ]
Not only would two plus two authors never make these mistakes, neither would the likes of Roy Cooke, Dan Kimberg or Howard Lederer

[/ QUOTE ]

After which someone pointed out that Lederer had indeed made a similar error

So Sklansky responded with:
[ QUOTE ]
If Howard Lederer, did in fact make this probability error he is off my list. Replace him with Patri Friedman

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally my nomination for post of the month by Sredni Vashtar:
[ QUOTE ]
Man, its gotta be tough to be on the Sklansky list. At least Eudlid and Einstein are no longer with us, so the pressure of it didn't affect them.

But think of Lederer. Hears he made the big one, so he goes out and orders new business cards, "Number three on THE LIST", flies in family and friends to celebrate, then BAM he's off it. Just like that. Not demoted to fifth, but right damn off it! What to do with all the dom on ice?

As for the others, once they've made the list, its quite frankly best to steer clear of Sklansky or else jeopardize your standing. Kinda must suck. There you are in the buffet line and in swoops Sklansky with a devilish grin on his face. Without greeting, he immediately begins with "Assume infinite stacks..." and suddenly you are faced with a tricky game theory quiz.

Man, the life of the big listee.

SV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-30-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Post of the Month

That was a great post. Maybe we should lend Howard a copy of Hold'em Poker to get him started on the long road back. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2005, 04:38 PM

That's probably the end of our friend Howard. He won't be able to sleep at night because He is off the list and He will make more mistakes and the next thing you know, He'll be on Ebay looking for a stake like Dutch Boyd.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:28 AM

So I have to disregard all of Howard's advice from "Secrets of No-Limit Holdem" now? Crap.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:12 AM

I am actively trying my darndest to get off his 10 dumbest people list (which he was polite enough not to publish...but I know i'm on it)....unfortunately, the harder I try the more I solidify my position.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:29 AM

I saw Howard in some alleyway trying to pawn off his bracelets for bootleg copies of the first three episodes of Tilt. The life of a post-Sklansky Top 10er is the pits.