Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Party 3/6-Daytraders Retreat

Everyone knows there are bugs with the party waiting list system. But I cannot get on the waiting list for this particular table(Daytraders Retreat). This is the second night I've tried to get on the waiting list and it simply wont let me. I've never had any problems on any other table.
Anyone else have a problem with this table?
Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Party 3/6-Daytraders Retreat

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows there are bugs with the party waiting list system. But I cannot get on the waiting list for this particular table(Daytraders Retreat). This is the second night I've tried to get on the waiting list and it simply wont let me. I've never had any problems on any other table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many levels have one unique table with this style of name that can only be directly accessed by genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players. I've heard that skin players can be put on this table via the first-available wait list if they are lucky. "Daytraders Retreat #485246" is the $3/$6 hold'em table. Notice the pound sign and six-digit number. It's the tipoff.

I think it's a feature and not a bug, but no one has ever explained to me why these tables exist. Two wild guesses:

1. It serves some function for testing/troubleshooting the system. Someplace for Party engineering to try things out without involving the skins.

2. It serves a legal function by establishing that Party has a right to create ring tables that the skins cannot use. Like closing a private road one day per year to prevent an easement from forming. Of course in recent months Party has created a lot of Party-only tables.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 AM

This table is only available to daytraders.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:41 AM

Well, since I play on Eurobet and am nowhere near a daytrader, I suppose I'm screwed all around.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Many levels have one unique table with this style of name that can only be directly accessed by genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players. I've heard that skin players can be put on this table via the first-available wait list if they are lucky. "Daytraders Retreat #485246" is the $3/$6 hold'em table. Notice the pound sign and six-digit number. It's the tipoff.

It serves a legal function by establishing that Party has a right to create ring tables that the skins cannot use. Like closing a private road one day per year to prevent an easement from forming. Of course in recent months Party has created a lot of Party-only tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet analogy [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Are you in real estate?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:14 AM

On only a slightly related note, I've noticed that the table Crash n Burn ($2/$4) is not writing HH's to my harddrive. Doubt this is a problem with my set-up as all other tables work fine. Anyone know a reason for this?

Joe
Old 07-31-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the dorky question, but I do not pay a lot of attention to the variety of methods used to play online.

What are SKINS? I assume accounts set up via other sites, but what is the advantage in using them?
Old 07-31-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On only a slightly related note, I've noticed that the table Crash n Burn ($2/$4) is not writing HH's to my harddrive. Doubt this is a problem with my set-up as all other tables work fine. Anyone know a reason for this?

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because of the quotes in the table name. Crash "n Burn. messes up PT.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:47 AM

I can think of 3 reasons of the top of my head.

1. Playing more than 4 tables at once.

2. Bonus whoring

3. Rakeback
Old 07-31-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because of the quotes in the table name. Crash "n Burn. messes up PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it messes up the windows file system. File names with " in them (and whole bunch of other characters) are illegal. Thus party can't write the hand history file.