Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Folding QQ

Playing a $2-$5 PL game that is loose as a $0.10-$0.25 game. The usual buy-in is anywhere from $500-$1000 and the pots will get high quickly as the usual raise is the pot regardless of hand. most of the players are wealthy small business owners who love playing any draw for all their $.

I'm UTG with 2 black Queens and raise to $35 (max bring in is $30 UTG), MP player calls and Button calls.

Of the two callers - MP is a young kid who seems to be getting more hands than he knows what to do with. He'll call w/ any paint and raise any pair representing a bigger pair. The button is a maniac by all measures. He's got a big enough bankroll to cover 1000 buy ins. About 5 hands earlier he pushed his 5-8 vs AA, reraising every street to catch an open ended draw when the flop came 10-6-7.

Flop come 2s-3s-5c. I bet the pot ($120), MP folds and BB raises the pot ($360). I have $450 left in front of me and go into the tank.

I feel I'm ahead of the hand but knowing this player he could literally have anything at all. My gut feeling is he has A high flush draw giving him 11 outs (I have the Q of spades). He could easily have a set or A-4 for the made str8.

A little history...he's beaten so many people with rags that my thinking is if he does have the nut flush draw, I'd rather wait to get my $ in with more of an edge than what I have.

I decide to wait and fold the hand, he shows K5 spades....did I make a bad move?