Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:55 PM

Default KQs in late position - Please comment on all streets

Hi All, here's another fun hand. Please comment on all streets.

Mid game in MTT, Villian has shown that he is capable of limping with all kinds of hands from monsters to connectors, and Ace Rag. No real betting pattern. My image at the table has been tight, hands shown down: AA, AA, JJ, QQ, AK

Preflop:
Was the limp bad? Should I have folded or raised instead?

Flop:
Should I have raised, called, folded?

River:
Do I make a crying call here or fold?

Thanks again for all of your thoughtful replies!

T

$11 MTT

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 (t3910)
MP3 (t1455)
Hero (t3080)
Button (t1783)
SB (t980)
BB (t4740)
UTG (t2875)
UTG+1 (t2755)
MP1 (t3664)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t500</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls t300.

Turn: (t1400) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t300</font>, Hero calls t300.

River: (t2000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t900</font>, Hero ...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: KQs in late position - Please comment on all streets

Bump - Any thoughts?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:27 AM

preflop - don't mind limping, can argue for raising (i probably limp more than i should). Can't see folding this hand in CO.
flop - not bad the way you played it
turn - hate the J, so many players limp KJ and the board now has 3 diamonds, I proceed with caution and call
river - call, so many times you'll see a weak K, pocket pair (that limped preflop) such as Q's or T's. most likely MP2 is either WA and hoped you would come over the top on the turn also or WB and wants you to believe he already has his hand or that the 5 helped him (i.e. A5 or such,that scenario only likely for a complete DONK)

all in all you played this similar to the way i would have played it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:29 AM

i be tmore on the flop, and probably call small turn bets.

but i'd consider raising the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but i'd consider raising the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even considered that line. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 AM

I'd raise the flop more. With your raise, he only has to call t300 into a pot worth t1100, giving him decent odds with any number of draws. t750 or 800 is better.

That, of course, makes Exit's line harder to play simply because you are creating a big pot earlier in the hand. Tough hand against this kind of opponent. River looks like a value bet - unless you've seen him stay aggressive with trash, I fear you can dump this.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 AM

pf - raise 3-5XBB.

flop - hmmm - 600 in the pot &amp; you bet 500 more. MP2 is getting correct odds to call a flush draw here. Bet more.

turn - push or fold. Calling is weak as you don't have much to draw to. I think fold.

riv - clear fold.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 AM

I would raise PF.

On the flop, I'm either calling, or raising it bigger if I'm raising at all. I think in this spot I'd raise full pot. Given the stack sizes, that makes this hand much, much easier.

The way you played it, I would call down on the turn and river.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even considered that line. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, why would we make that play? If we raise the turn, we get in huge trouble if he has the flush and fold out some hands that we have wrecked and that would've kept giving us money. The only positive is that we charge some flush draws, but factor in the fact that many of these are betting the river UI, and I think this is an easy call/call.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Thanks for all of the different views on this. I ended up folding to the bet on the river because I thought it was a value bet. I think I should have raised more on the flop, and also bet out preflop.

Thanks!
PN