Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 AM

Default can I fold KK preflop here?

$30 Deepstack. Hand #3.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter

MP3 (t5100)
CO (t4960)
Button (t4900)
SB (t4980)
BB (t4980)
UTG (t5120)
UTG+1 (t5000)
MP1 (t4940)
Hero (t5000)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of t20.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t120</font>, MP1 calls t120, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t375</font>, MP3 calls t375, CO calls t375, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG (poster) calls t355, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t5000</font>, MP1 folds, HERO???
Old 11-12-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: can I fold KK preflop here?

I don't usually read this forum, so please excuse me if this is one of those obnoying posts that pop up all the time...where some idiot wants to find the spot to lay down KK PF. Nonetheless, this was my situation.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:46 AM

Tough one simply because of the stacks. That's a lot of chips he's throwing out there. But no way can you put him on AA only. AA is certainly possible but so is AK, KK (although obviously reduced since you have KK), and maybe even QQ. You're a very slight favorite against that range - like 55/45. With about 1600 in dead money I think I'd make the call.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:47 AM

I call all-in.. I know this really defeats the purpose of "deep stack" poker, but it doesn't really matter.. ya he might have aces, but if I fold and he has QQ/AK or something, I'm gonna be kicking myself, this looks like a good double up opportunity.. plus it's a weird way to play aces this hard.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't usually read this forum, so please excuse me if this is one of those obnoying posts that pop up all the time...where some idiot wants to find the spot to lay down KK PF. Nonetheless, this was my situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first, yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. The difference is this is a deep stack tournament which I think narrows the villain's range and would make me at least stop and think for a second before pushing in my chips.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:50 AM

Jesus, thats a lot of action.

The fact that its the third hand, and a lot of people have a crazy gamble attitude early on, makes me want to call this.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:50 AM

I think your stack may actually be deep enough to fold KK preflop, but I don't think this is AA more frequently than it's QQ, KK, AK, etc. I think AA's probably more likely to raise to 1500 or so.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, thats a lot of action.

The fact that its the third hand, and a lot of people have a crazy gamble attitude early on, makes me want to call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this hand would have come up 1 minute later (after I saw how maniacial these guys were), I would have insta-called. 3 people ended up calling all in behind me.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:56 AM

I think tons of people have face cards and or Pocket pairs, i think weak aces are looking for action.

SHOVE IT IN.

This is as good as it gets, and if you lose you saved yourself alot of time.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:04 AM

Put the chips in.

The play in these tournaments isn't so great, and his play doesn't really look like AA either.