Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: What\'s your pet peeve?

At my school at least, there are these annoying ppl who write all over the sidewalk to get their liberal ass annoying message out.

i.e. Last week there were messages every five feet about rape and such, I think it annoying, as if defaces the beauty of the campus.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:20 PM

I just remembered another big one!

Those yellow-bow 'Support Our Troops' bumber stickers stuck on like 80% of all cars... what exactly are people thinking by broadcasting that?? duh, Of Course Everybody 'supports those poor soldiers stuck over there and being shot down daily!!'... but by displaying those stickers, it indicates that they support the war and this trash government that put them there!!... AND it's the 'manufacturers' of the stickers that are really being supported - they're making MILLIONS!!! Not one single penny goes to 'support our troops' - I wonder if people think by buying them, it does. So annoying.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Those yellow-bow 'Support Our Troops' bumber stickers stuck on like 80% of all cars... what exactly are people thinking by broadcasting that?? duh, Of Course Everybody 'supports those poor soldiers stuck over there and being shot down daily!!'... but by displaying those stickers, it indicates that they support the war and this trash government that put them there!!... AND it's the 'manufacturers' of the stickers that are really being supported - they're making MILLIONS!!! Not one single penny goes to 'support our troops' - I wonder if people think by buying them, it does. So annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're partially incorrect. Depending on where you purchase the decals you very well may be supporting our troops. See this article for more info.

Swede
Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who block really long escalators instead of walking up/down them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to Georgetown, right? I think that "stand right, walk left" is a DC Metro area thing, specifically referring to escalators. I'm not a world traveler or anything like that, but DC is the only place I've been where people walk up the escalators. I've gotten a lot of strange looks from people as I try to pass them on my way up in other cities.

-McGee
Old 11-11-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're partially incorrect. Depending on where you purchase the decals you very well may be supporting our troops. See this article for more info.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected - thanks for enlightening me Swede... I feel a 'little bit' better now.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:35 PM

…people who use large words when a diminutive one will do.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really slow drivers that have no perception of what is going on around them./quote]
Nailed it in the first post.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
…people who use large words when a diminutive one will do.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a good one!

My pet peeve lately is co-workers who want to chit-chat at my lunch hour when I want to be browsing 2+2. They don't respect my privacy at all. Frustrating.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:03 PM

Yeah, that sucks!

Do what I do, and start showing them OOT, and giggling inanely. That works wonders - they can't wait to leave. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when a cashier gives you your change and puts the bills in your palm first and then the coins on top, making it inevitable that at least one of the coins will drop

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more annoying is when the cashier sandwiches the receipt between the bills and the change (especially when it is the psycho cashier in the company cafeteria who forces receipts on everyone -- just in case they need to return that coffee later...).

Also cashiers who talk to co-workers, who always seem to need "the key", can't count, try to make you get their special frequent user card, speak to you, look at you funny, move too slowly, breathe...

OK, I think I have a problem with cashiers...

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amazon.com, freshdirect.com, and anyone else who helps me avoid cashiers.