Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Did I play this hand correctly? (DeCiFer???)

party 20-40

Tex is BB with AKo suits not imortant.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, folds to button who raises, SB folds, Tex three bets, both limpers call and so does button.

Flop

2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( I think, i just remember it was a red rainbow)

Tex bets, UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, button folds, Tex calls.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Tex checks, UTG pauses, then bets, Tex raises, UTG pauses for an eternity, then raises, Tex caps.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Tex checks, UTG bets, Tex raises, UTG calls.

Terrible? Decent? Too agressive? Tell me!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Did I play this hand correctly? (DeCiFer???)

Reads?? What is your table image like if you can 3-bet, bet/call, check/CAP and STILL expect him to bet the river with a hand that doesn't beat TPTK??

River sexy is absolutely terrible IMO.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Reads would help.

I take it you lost to a boat? (unless the guy is just maniacal)

I wouldn't cap that turn. I might actually fold it to the 3 bet. He's saying he has AK beat. He was likely thinking about if you have KK.

River....ugh.

b
Old 09-28-2005, 02:37 PM

I've been so tight you couldnt get a greased peanut up my ass with a sledge hammer today. I thought he had a pair that beat the board on the flop, but i started to review that when he raised the turn after i check raise.

I dont have stats on this guy, but he had blown through about 900 in the last twenty minutes, but not necessarily from playing bad. Either way, i had a sixth sense that told me i could check raise the river because he either just got counterfeited or he can't beat the King, but he's going to bet it because I'm acting like I want a showdown now.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:37 PM

I'm sure I'll be flamed to high hell for saying this, but I'd rather just call out of the BB than 3-bet here preflop. This way you can checkraise a favorable flop against a button who will bet about 100% of the time and you confront those in the middle with two bets. People are less likely to fold pre in this spot to two more and you build a big pot out of position. I don't think 3-betting is wrong, but I like just calling better.

As played, I like your flop play. On the turn, I like your checkraise, but when you are three-bet it means one of two things: A) your opponent can beat (or at least tie) top-top. B) Your opponent has either a weaker king or something like JJ that wants to check behind on the river for a free showdown. If it's the latter, he will prob fold to 4-bets which you don't want.

So I would say...4-bet the turn and check-call the river or call the turn three bet and bet the river yourself, calling a raise. I prefer the latter of these two.

Jeff
Old 09-28-2005, 02:40 PM

yes, too agressive.

after you c'r the turn and he 3bets my best guess is 66/55.

you gave no reads so i assume UTG is too loose/probably too agro and probably goes to far with his hands. even so, he did enter UTG, did call your 3bet preflop (65 admitadly is a fine hand for him to have).

flop comes favorable to you and he raises (i think that its now less likely b/c people will slowplay sets here but some will hope you 3bet w/ the overpair you rep'd and want to cap or raise the turn.

in any case, you call/hit your king and c'r hopling he has A6/A5/76 etx. and will pay you off.

once he 3 bets, you need to slow the [censored] down, you've told him you hit the K and he's told you he can beat it or wants you to fold, either way if you cap he'll fold crap and call w/ most hands that beat you.

now that the river comes 2 (bee eee ayyyy youuuuuuuuu tiful card ... and assuming you took my line, or your line) you should check and call, if more bets go in on the river you lose way too often, 65 is now coutnerfeited and i think he only slowed down here b/c you have rep'd KKK22 and he thinks he may lose 66622 or 55522...

either way you played it to agro even if this guy did have 65 or some other retardedly river played hand you beat (like KQ)

now, if you told me UTG was 60/20/1, then yea, go ahead and have fun.

river bad, turn agro bad. c'r call the turn. check call riv.

Barron
Old 09-28-2005, 02:42 PM

Default results (i hope this white thing works)

<font color="white"> he flopped top two, 5's and 6's, </font>
Old 09-28-2005, 02:43 PM

tell me again why you want to cap the turn? i dont think thats a good play because you lose too often when 4 bets go in on the turn.

river bet/call is interesting given a c'r and CALL of the turn 3 bet.

Barron
Old 09-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: results (i hope this white thing works)

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> he flopped top two, 5's and 6's, </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

again, call turn 3bet,

then when bottom card paird you can bet/call as jeff said or check call but not c'r (you did this time b/c he's a 100% retarded idiot)

Barron
Old 09-28-2005, 02:58 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
i had a sixth sense that told me i could check raise the river because he either just got counterfeited or he can't beat the King,

[/ QUOTE ]

You put him on 65? Really?

He said he could beat the K on the turn.

b