Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Mike Anderson

He has looked great in the preseason and seemingly has locked the #1 job.

Mike Shannahan has never used a RB by committee.

On one team I have Priest (with L. Johnson on the bench), Lamont Jordon, C. Williams and Anderson.

I offered Anderson and Brooks for Culpepper but got laughed at (to the owner of Bell).

The big question is whether he stays healthy, but if he does he might be one of the biggest steals of the draft.

Thoughts?

-SC
Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Mike Anderson

I'm dumping him by week 7. I can't imagine he'll hold onto the job, regardless of how good he is.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm dumping him by week 7. I can't imagine he'll hold onto the job, regardless of how good he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if thats true, it still baffles me to see Bell go in the second or third round.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I offered Anderson and Brooks for Culpepper but got laughed at (to the owner of Bell).

[/ QUOTE ]

a well deserved laughing. dont be that guy offering dumb 2 for 1s.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 PM

It aint that dumb brother.

He has no depth at rb and will be going into week one with only one starting rb.

I'll bump this thread after Anderson tears it up in week 1.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It aint that dumb brother.

He has no depth at rb and will be going into week one with only one starting rb.

I'll bump this thread after Anderson tears it up in week 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been one of the non-joke worst trades in the history of fantasy sports if he took it. so yeah. its that bad. you would have to really misunderstand how fantasy sports are scored to make that trade.

by the way, to the OP, are you serious about shanahan never using an rb by committee? i couldnt believe that comment. quentin griffin owners from last year would probably have something to say about this. run for 200 one week, get benched the next for reuben droughns...mike shanahans completely irrational use of his running backs last year ruined my season. i wouldnt touch a denver rb with a 10 foot pole until we see a more "sure" number one. then im jumping all over him.

rj
Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy drafted Bell expecting him to start Week 1, making that deal is probably a no-brainer. Although Brooks isn't the guy to offer, as he may be able to get a similar player off waivers.

I'd go after a WR -- Anderson + WR3 for his WR1.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been one of the non-joke worst trades in by the way, to the OP, are you serious about shanahan never using an rb by committee? i couldnt believe that comment. quentin griffin owners from last year would probably have something to say about this. run for 200 one week, get benched the next for reuben droughns...mike shanahans completely irrational use of his running backs last year ruined my season. i wouldnt touch a denver rb with a 10 foot pole until we see a more "sure" number one. then im jumping all over him.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess your definition of rb by committee is when a new RB takes over b/c the other fumbles too much.

That's not a committee, thats called losing your job.

True, Denver has had a lot of RB over the years, but the guessing has never been who is going to start a given week, but instead who the starter will be going into the season.

I say once again, Shannahan has never used a RB by committee.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy drafted Bell expecting him to start Week 1, making that deal is probably a no-brainer. Although Brooks isn't the guy to offer, as he may be able to get a similar player off waivers.

I'd go after a WR -- Anderson + WR3 for his WR1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a 12 teams league and Brooks is my starter so thats why I went that route. The guy used his second pick on Bell, so he definately wanted Bell to start.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 AM

I think the trade is a good one, but you're not putting yourself in the other guy's shoes enough. The drop-off from Brooks to say, Harrington (who is likely available) is not all that big.

So, look at the trade from his end. Effectively, he's giving up Culpepper and his first cut for the Denver running game and the advantage gained from Harrington to Brooks. That's not a very good deal for him.

Give me a list of both of your WRs, RBs, and TEs?