Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 01:05 PM

Default How many of you randomize your play?

I'm starting to think about having a few hands that I raise that don't necessarily warrant it. When I raise big cards PF, and rags come, I have no chance of picking it up right there. (As you all know.) If I introduced a hand like 78s that I would raise from any position, this would give me a chance to win a decent pot when rags do fall. This is basically outlined in HPFAP. Now, since I mostly play internet, would this be a worthwhile play since I am not playing the same opponents that often? As my friend pointed out, the only ones that are going to notice are the observant ones, and they're not the ones you're taking money from. Also, how often should I make a play like this? Any time, or maybe say, just when they're red, or even less, just when they're diamonds...

Any two will do.........
Old 08-18-2004, 01:16 PM

Default Re: How many of you randomize your play?

My bankroll comes from 3/6 online. When my bankroll's at stake, I never randomize my play for the sake of advertising or whatever. I do randomize my play for poops and giggles when I play .5/1 online or 3/6 live with other 2+2 chimps.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:20 PM

I don't really change my strategy. Playing at Party has it's advantages... Nobody notices stuff like this... If they do, and the action dries up, just change tables (that's randomization for me).

Most of the time, even after hours at the table, they still cold-call my UTG raises pf w/ 83o. I still think that it is my first hand at the table.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:21 PM

Most of us play against bad players who don't pay attention. Save those plays for when you are tough tables, which hopefully never happens to you.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do randomize my play for poops and giggles when I play .5/1 online or 3/6 live with other 2+2 chimps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang... I thought that was your A-game on the .5/1's. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 01:24 PM

Actually, it is my A-game at the .5/1 tables, unless I'm HU against a 2+2er, in which case it's monkey time.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 PM

I think the only time it's worth it to randomize your play is when you consistently aren't getting action because your play is too predictable. in low limits I don't think this is much of a problem.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-18-2004, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I raise big cards PF, and rags come, I have no chance of picking it up right there. (As you all know.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bonus! So, when you have the rockets, they still don't fold. Awesome. Of course, it could put you on tilt if you don't have things in perspective. That's why the bigger hands are so profitable.

BTW, looking back at yesterday, I won THREE hands with AK unimproved in a showdown betting the flop and turn and getting callers... then checking the river through. I did, however, lose with AA vs 52o when I flopped a set and he flopped the wheel... but that's OK, since he was passive I didn't pay through the nose.

So I'm saying "Yay!! Thanks be to the Poker Gods!"