Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Bottom 2 Makes me Sick (occasionally)

[ QUOTE ]
I am not so sure about checking it. If someone bets, he could have a hand or maybe he is positional betting the flop. I think you need to lead and if you are raised, I know it sounds weak, but you needs to release it. I would hate myself but I think it is the right play.

I don't think a check-raise will accomplish anything so I would definitely rule that out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would bet that you will be raised nearly 100% of the time after leading out from the SB. You're not going to be given credit for 2 pair and with so many limpers there's a good chance of somebody having top pair who will raise. I think you'll just be wasting a lot of chips. If it's folded to LP who raises, then it could certainly be positional in which case a call and lead out on the turn or raise would be in order.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 PM

including those hands in the 10% is flat out wrong. All of those hands have a ton of equity on their own right, and are not really bluffs at all. If you are not willing to play big pots with these hands on these flops you are making a mistake. Obviously a raise here has lots of FE since people want me to lay down bottom two, and you are almost never buried even when you're behind. To count these hands as merely pure bluffs is a pretty big error.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:26 PM

I think you should reraise hard.

a made straight waits until the turn to pop, wanting to see a non-club.

who raises here is top pair plus straight draw, or pair plus flush, or some other combination you're often aheaf of. He doesn't have a set because he'd have raised with a pair of any of those cards preflop.

Yes there is a chance you're behind to a bigger two pair. That's like KK vs AA on a J-high flop. He's getting your chips and chit happens.

I say put him to the test right here.

-Scott
Old 08-01-2005, 09:26 PM

honestly I have no idea. But you also have to ask, what % of the time that you make the bluff will the other guy lay down his hand when you are in fact behind. That means he'd need to fold straights/sets/bigger two pair on the turn in a big pot. I just don't think that's likely from your average early in a tournament party monkey.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about checking the flop and seeing the action. If the flop is bet and raised it certainly gives you good information. I think a flop with that texture will almost certainly be raised when led out from the SB. But are you up against top pair, a set, a draw, a slow played overpair? And if it's checked around that gives you good info as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking this flop is a colossal boo boo.

-Scott
Old 08-01-2005, 09:29 PM

True.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 PM

Any read on the limper?

I call this and then check/fold a lot of turns while throwing up in my mouth a little.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:57 PM

Lloyd, do you think you get repopped that often? I guess it comes down your preceived image. If your image is tight you may be able to take it down with a bet. If your image is loose and possible wreckless then your bet, like you stated, would be a waste of your stack.

Is there any bet that would make sense, in your eyes? Do you think a 1/2 pot bet or maybe a pot sized bet. I know that if you are raised then one has to assume they are protecting a hand and then you could release it. I really think you need to bet for information.

Maybe a 1/2 pot sized bet?

Stipe
Old 08-01-2005, 11:18 PM

well, i hadn't noted him as a super fish or anything. So he probably was at least decent.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:39 PM

MLG, what was your table image? If you were loose and wreckless you will probably get reraised. If the table perceived you as tight, which I doubt, then your bet will accomplish these two things.

If you are called, they're most likely drawing on you
If you are reraised, they're most likely protecting a hand

I try to think what kind of player they think I am, and then make my move.

Stipe