Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 01:07 AM

Default fun with AQ

no read on villian, but i just got that feelin' ya know

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 09-16-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: fun with AQ

... and Button folds his KT, see also
"Trip Ks on the flop" from Soh, posted 9/12/05
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 AM

Easy fold
Old 09-16-2005, 01:55 AM

stop trying to get tricky. The pot is not that big and you are behind with few outs and you are not making this guy fold a K or a PP. This is just spewing.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 AM

Also, wtf does this mean??

[ QUOTE ]
but i just got that feelin' ya know

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awful and you should electricute your balls until you stop yourself from every thinking/acting upon such a thought again. Play poker based on reads, not lucky feelings. This is the definition of DONK - STOP!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:39 AM

i wish people wouldn't be so harsh around here for plays that are unusual. but rather than discuss the hand they just bash because it doesn't fit a mold.

the critque i have: you shouldn't do this stuff without some idea of a read. does he fold to aggression? does he see the showdown a lot? does it continuation bluff on flush draws or bet less than TP.

hero's play is fine as Button could easily be doing this with a small pocket pair and he can't call this turn with this play.

why not be creative sometimes? sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, sometimes you river your Ace/Queen/Ten and suckout...shtuff happens. it's fine.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:48 AM

I hardly ever do this (in general, I think I'm a little too straightforward sometimes).

But, anyway, I think a holding like 77 is quite possible for Button, and your turn checkraise does put a lot of pressure on that hand. Unfortunately, unless 2/4 has changed a lot since I was playing it regularly, I think you're getting called down by that 77 a fair amount of the time. Still, you do have 13 outs against that hand.

On occasion you'll be ahead of a flush draw here, too. But a flush draw of course is not folding, so the river could be a little tricky if you just get called on the turn and don't improve. But Villain might fear another checkraise and check behind and let you win that way.

By the way, if your checkraise gets 3-bet, then I'm thinking you should probably fold, because there's some chance you're up against a boat. But if you do fold, you're doing so knowing that you may have actually folded a live gutshot that, at this point, you had the odds to chase.