Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you could, would you ...?
yes 77 53.10%
no 68 46.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2005, 02:59 AM

Default PokerTracker vs PokerOffice

For me PokerOffice is a HUGE favorite over PokerTracker. I'd love to get opinions from those who have used both and why they prefer one over the other.
Here are some reasons why I like PokerOffice better:

1. real time importing of hand histories and games. (I don't have to manually import hand histories anymore)

2. imho PokerOffice has a better user interface

3. realtime info on player styles

4. realtime pot odds

5. realtime real outs.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker vs PokerOffice

1. real time importing of hand histories and games. (I don't have to manually import hand histories anymore)

Umm...PokerTracker automatically imports hand histories.

Umm...so does PV/GT

4. realtime pot odds

If you need software to figure out your pot odds then you are not a good enough player to be able to put it to use.

5. realtime real outs.

You mean like if you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] against 7 opponents and the board is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then you have 6 outs?

Lost Wages
Old 06-06-2005, 01:57 PM

First off, there's a distinct condescending tone in your post. I don't really know why since all I did was post that I have a preference for pokeroffice and the reasons why. I also asked that I was looking forward to hearing why people that pokertracker was better. Your post gave no such information. In fact you blostered my opinion when you stated that you have to buy a seperate program from PokerTracker to gain real time info on players at the table.

Umm...PokerTracker automatically imports hand histories.

Pokeroffice, in realtime, while taking in hand histories gives back stats on all the players at the table ie; flop percentages, flop to turn, turn to river. It also catagorizes their style of play and does so for pre flop and post flop

Umm...so does PV/GT

Umm...Those are DIFFERENT programs. In this post I'm specifically talking about the difference between PokerTracker and PokerOffice. With PokerOffice you don't need to get another program to give you real time player stats.

4. realtime pot odds

If you need software to figure out your pot odds then you are not a good enough player to be able to put it to use.

I'm a novice player and have trouble with math. This program helped me check my own calculations against the "right answer"

5. realtime real outs.

You mean like if you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] against 7 opponents and the board is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then you have 6 outs?

Well, Yes, but also hands where you might have 23 outs or 16 outs. Again, this was a big help to me when I was starting out. I now can calculate on my own that flopping a flush draw, a straight draw with an overcard is 20 outs but it helped me out a lot when i was starting out.

And another thing: there are many more features and details about poker office. I'm just listing some of the highlights.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:05 PM

I really dont want to choose because I use them both.

PT supports more sites and I use it mainly for hand histories and tracking statistics my play. I think its layout is better and gives more useful info. It is the standard which most people use, so its easier to relate my play in its terms.

I use PO almost solely for its overlay. I think the overlay is better than GT+, so thats why I use it.

No reason to use only one. If its +EV why not use it?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:41 PM

Capt, the add-ons mentioned for PT are free. They really are no problem to run as well, although I see the benifit of not having all the extra add-ons.

My personal preference is PT as PT supports more sites which suits my current bonus whoring lifestyle. (I also run my own queries off the PT database and have had good experience with the PT support guys so it is my choice at the moment.)
Old 06-06-2005, 04:53 PM

First off, there's a distinct condescending tone in your post.

You're right, your endorsements (there have been several) have been suspiciously glowing. I'm always wary of someone with a small number of posts that endorses a product. In fact, you made almost this same post a week ago (Link). Add to that the fact that PO has been known to use shills on these forums.

And another thing: there are many more features and details about poker office. I'm just listing some of the highlights.

This is exactly what I am talking about. No one except a promoter would use language like that.

PT vs PO has been discussed ad nauseam. I do not know of a single experienced poster that is using PO.

I now can calculate on my own that flopping a flush draw, a straight draw with an overcard is 20 outs

A flush draw + straight draw + overcard is 18 outs.

Lost Wages
Old 06-06-2005, 05:21 PM

There's condescending on 2+2? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Ok..I am no shill for PO but I will give my .2. I like PO for multiple reasons.

1. much faster than GM/PV with Pokertracker. Pokertracker with 50k hands and 4+tabling on my Athlon64 system crawls especially if i'm playing at pokerroom.

2. PO has much nicer overlay and more stats readily available like flop stats, position stats that show what a player did during that session. PT doesnt do that.

3. the live tracker is so much nicer way to achieve hand history and mucked cards. The auto import feature of poker tracker is old. Learn to program and capture the cards live.

4. PO supports Party, prima, and pokerstars with more coming on with each update. It will not be long until PT is a thing of the past. Mark my words.

5. you can run your own queries against the mysql db very easily. Along with some more really cool stuff involving java.

6. once PO gets a replayer (one is planned soon) and some more stats then PT will be hurting. Capitalism at its best.

7. Did I mention that PT is SLOOOOWWWW. PO on the Mysql db is fast!

cheers
Boon
Old 06-07-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9 for the flush, 8 for the straight, 3 for the overcard. Am I wrong here? See, I need all the help I can get! lol
Also, No, I am not a shill for PO though i can't blame you for thinking I am. I just really like the software and it seems very few others know about it. I personally wish that I had known about it before I bought poker tracker so I'm just trying to be of service [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

9 for the flush, 8 for the straight, 3 for the overcard. Am I wrong here? See, I need all the help I can get!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, guess i'll be the host for the gameshow, "deducing the obvious."

first though, i assume that you're being facetous. (at least i hope so!)
if not, you really DO need something to help figure outs for you.

and finally, for the win and the grand prize-a bus trip for two to schenectady:

9 outs for the flush, 6 for the straight, and 3 for the overcard =_______.

(left blank for your shot at glory.)

p.s. no fair referring back to lost wages response. you gotta crack this one on your own.