Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 07:40 PM

Default The next shoe to drop in New Orleans

September ??, 2005

Today in an unprecedented ruling, the Eastern Circuit of Louisiana issued a court order prohibiting the US Army Corps of Engineers from pumping water out of flooded New Orleans into the Mississippi river. The ruling was the result of a lawsuit filed by Greenpeace, The Defenders of Wilderness, The Sierra Club and The ACLU charging that pumping the contaminated water into the Mississippi violates the Environmental Protection Act. “This water cannot be returned to mother earth until it’s cleaned” says Tree R. Hugger spokesman for the plaintiffs. “It’s time for the EPA to take action no matter how long people have to suffer” He then added, “George W. Bush hates the environment!” A quote, which was immediately flashed over the wire services and headlined by The New York Times..

Michael Moore, Sean Penn, and Susan Sarandon have canceled their plans to donate used shoes to Morgan Freeman’s charity auction for Hurricane relief to pledge 5 million dollars each to support this effort. Moore’s upcoming film Celsius 9/01 will document the Republican’s conspiracy with big business to create and aim this devastating storm at poor people.

“What do you want from me?” said Moore “People are going to have to wade around New Orleans a little longer, so what?” “I can’t pass up this opportunity to make another 10 million” he commented as he was driven off in his stretch limo.

Think it can’t happen?? Let’s wait and watch! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: The next shoe to drop in New Orleans

I'm sure the court didn't use the term 'Tree Hugger'...

Come back when you have a real link to this
Old 09-06-2005, 07:45 PM

OMG!

You actually thought this was real?????

Mr. Tree R. Hugger didn’t tip you off??????
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 PM

With the stuff the right wing is posting someone will try posting this as being real. Sorry for my paranoia.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM

For the first 2 sentences I thought it was real. Then you just got absurd.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG!

You actually thought this was real?????

Mr. Tree R. Hugger didn’t tip you off??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows Tree Hugger doesn't have a middle initial. this should have been a dead giveaway.

Edit: But based on my previous dealings with the EPA, this would not surprise me.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:54 PM

dream on - LOL

RB
Old 09-06-2005, 09:32 PM

The water pumped out of New Orleans will likely be an environmental catastrophe for Lake Ponchartrain (not the Mississipi. The water is being pumped to Lake Ponchartrain for the simple reason that it is, IIRC, 18 feet lower than the Mississippi.) Unfortunately, I don't think there's any alternative. With the immense volume of water involved, I don't think any kind of treatment, not even simple chlorination, would be feasible.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:28 PM

Here's an article on the impending environmental disaster. It says New Orleanians won't be able to draw potable water for at least a year.

environmental disaster
Old 09-07-2005, 12:16 AM

You're right. Why should anyone care about the environment, ever? I mean, it's not like total disregard of the environment led to the scope of this disaster.

I'm not saying i agree with your facetious situation. Obviously the damage is done and cleaning up the water isn't going to help anything. I just don't get why people act like protecting the environment (again, not in this situation, but in general) is such a terrible thing. Without the environment, where do you plan on living?

Also, I'm sure that if Michael Moore, Sean Penn, and Susan Sarandon had only donated "used shoes to Morgan Freeman's auction", we would've heard about it already. I can't find figures right now which say how much they've donated if anything, but I don't really care cause it's obvious you're kidding anyway.