Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:46 PM

Default What did I do wrong here?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the forums but have been lurking for quite some time. I've learned quite a lot from reading hands posted and suggestions from others. However, I don't understand where I went wrong here or how I could've prevented this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (20.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
Old 07-20-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: What did I do wrong here?

I don't know that you did go wrong with this hand.
I would have capped preflop (which you did)
I would have capped that flop.
Raised the turn (like you did) and after his 3-bet on turn gone into call down mode (like you did).
I asume by the nature of your language that you got beat. I don't know that there's anything else you can do. I think you played it fine sometimes variance just takes a poo on your dreams.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:53 PM

It looks good. You capped preflop and raised both the flop and the turn to protect your hand. You cant do much else.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:54 PM

I take it from your questions that you lost. I don't see anyway you could prevent losing to AA or a set or worse. Capping PF is Goot. I believe I cap the flops as well. When He comes out firing again on the turn, well, without reads, you gotta grit your teeth call down, then slap something.

I think you played this fine without any reads.

Looks like he has pocket Aces, but you can't give him credit for that. After the flop action, I probably would have called down, but the turn raise isn't that bad.
Other than the turn (and that is debateable), good hand.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 PM

KK doesn't win every hand.

Yes, I suffered a horrid beat here by 32o. I thought I had read in the FAQ that posting hand outcomes was frowned upon. Is it okay to do so in cases such as this??

If you like your hand enough to raise and call a 3bet on the turn, why not cap the flop? That way, when he bets into you again on the turn, you can be fairly sure that he's got a good piece of something and call down (saving an SB in the process).

You are behind only a set/quads (nothing you can do about these) or some pretty incredible, given the preflop action, two-pair combinations. I'd cap the flop and slow down if bet into again on the turn. Overall this hand wasn't played terribly... sometimes they just don't turn out like they're "supposed" to.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:58 PM

Looks like you were behind a set. You played it fine.

Poker is a game of variance, sometimes you win when you shouldn't have even been in the pot. Sometimes you lose when your opponent hits runner runner quads. The best player is rewarded in the long run in the short term anyone can win.