Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Rejoicing in my sexy

This was probably the easiest sexy ever. Against an aggro guy I would bet/3bet, but this guy was really passive. Anyways, I am actually more interested in the flop. Thoughts?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,...

...UTG calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks,
Old 09-17-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Rejoicing in my sexy

I would call that flop for sure. No draws. SB could be bet/folding on a bluff or utg could have ace high and overcall
Old 09-17-2005, 03:57 PM

I would also call this flop, unless you think flop donker would only bet a made hand, and will pay with it...since overcalls aren't going to be all that common.

Surf
Old 09-17-2005, 04:27 PM

I play the flop this way a portion of the time. Usually when my opponents are thinking, observant, and reasonably aggressive. No one ever thinks you have a K here, and you could and would play a lot of hands like this (at least I presume you could and would). I'd do so more comfortably with a good read on UTG's open-limping standards (especially if I know he'll OL lots of small / medium pairs). His cold-call is great for you -- again depedning on what type of player he is, the CC can mean you're turn lead is getting raised with some frequency.

So, my default is to call the flop here and re-evaluate what course of action is best on the turn; but I think the flop raise is solid in certain circumstances.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I play the flop this way a portion of the time. Usually when my opponents are thinking, observant, and reasonably aggressive. No one ever thinks you have a K here, and you could and would play a lot of hands like this

[/ QUOTE ]

The "no one ever thinks you have a K here" is what I was going for. But looking at it again, I think it would be better to save this play for when maybe 1 more player sees the flop, and when there some type of possible draw. More observant opponents would be good too.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 PM

Yeah - add another to act behind and make the 3 a suit so that a flush draw is a possible hand, and I like it more.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:36 PM

Wow I don't think this is a good river to checkraise at all. Flop is fine I like it better live. Seems to me the guy just wants to get to showdown with his little boat or whatever, you've pretty well defined your hand as a big pair and really passive guys get overly scared of people who raise from the blinds, I don't see him finding a value bet with pocket 5s.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-17-2005, 05:39 PM

Is PF raise standard? I would normally check here.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is PF raise standard? I would normally check here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont really know anything about preflop anymore. I think its a really easy raise but im sure everyone else will say its a check.