Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Anybody here smoke

For those of you who smoke (cigarrettes) do you tend to smoke more when playing poker? Do you smoke at the computer or do you take smoke breaks outside? Does a bad beat make you wanna light one up? How often do you smoke a cig when playing?

Just wondering if my habits are that unusual thanks
Old 03-31-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Anybody here smoke

A big win makes me want to go outside and smoke. A bad beat doesn't phase me at all anymore. It's gotten to the point where I've seen everything.

Blackjack
Old 03-31-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Anybody here smokeMy name is Carl, and I am a nicotine addict.

My name is Chile-Willy, and I am a nicotine addict.
I have stopped nicotine for 1 month, 8 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 50 seconds (38 days).

I've not smoked 1750 death sticks, and saved $372.40.
I've saved 6 days, 1 hour and 48 minutes of my life.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have stopped nicotine for 1 month, 8 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 50 seconds (38 days).

[/ QUOTE ]
You were spending $372.40 on just over a months worth of cigarettes? WOW. Everyone has thier vices but I just cant understand this one, its so -EV in every way imaginable it just doesnt compute.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You were spending $372.40 on just over a months worth of cigarettes? WOW. Everyone has thier vices but I just cant understand this one, its so -EV in every way imaginable it just doesnt compute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit a week ago. I have not been able to concentrate on poker or bonus whoring since, costing me a few hundred bucks. I have saved about $40 on cigarettes.

If my brain don't get back to normal in the next week or so, I'll have to go back to smoking for purely financial reasons.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If my brain don't get back to normal in the next week or so, I'll have to go back to smoking for purely financial reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hang in there. Right now your brain will come up with a lot of gooood-sounding reasons to get the chemicals it wants. But when it returns to normal you will be so grateful you quit!

It's chemicals, baby, drugs, and right now you can't think straight. Quit, and you will.

But it is the hardest thing you will ever do. THE HARDEST THING YOU WILL EVER DO. I mean, quitting's easy, I did it myself a hundred times (cha-ching). But staying off for the first week is harder (some say) than staying off heroin. But the second week is easier, and after a while you just don't want them anymore. ime
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 PM

Sorry man I respect you a lot as a poster and a person but this just sounds stupid. Obviously the chemicals affect your brain and all but if it were impossible for people to concentrate without smoking then I would never make money. Its not like you are stopping use of a smart pill or something. You are quitting something that is eventually going to kill you. No amount of financial gain is worth that to me, YMMV.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit a week ago. I have not been able to concentrate on poker or bonus whoring since, costing me a few hundred bucks. I have saved about $40 on cigarettes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I had the same problem with concentration. It takes at least a month or so to get back some of it for playing poker the way you did before. It's not easy. It's been tough, I won't lie.

I thought about starting back again for the same reason. So far I haven't. I figure with the passing of each new day, some of my concentration will come back and eventually I'll be back to normal.

I'm more afraid of picking up a smoking related illness if I continue. Dealing with that will make playing poker kind of hard also I figure.

Anyways, it's all on you, your quit I mean. How serious you are about it is entirely up to you. Quit or don't quit, it really makes no difference to anyone but you in the end.

For cold turkey quitting, check out this site though. It has really helped me figure out some things.

http://groups.msn.com/FreedomFromTob.../welcome1.msnw
Old 03-31-2005, 03:12 AM

I don't smoke in my house so i just usually wait until it's a good time to take a break. Altough i do snuff a lot when i play mmm mmm skoal.

gus
Old 03-31-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't smoke in my house so i just usually wait until it's a good time to take a break. Altough i do snuff a lot when i play mmm mmm skoal.

gus

[/ QUOTE ]

Copenhagen