Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 07:12 PM

Default 66 on paired board

Here's a hand I think I misplayed. If SB called the turn raise I was going to check behind on the river.

Fold to the flop 3-bet? SB is 18/9/1.5

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: 66 on paired board

I think he's letting you know he has the set here, I'd fold on the turn to any bet.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's letting you know he has the set here, I'd fold on the turn to any bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:32 PM

I would fold straight away to the turn bet.

Brad
Old 02-13-2005, 07:33 PM

His turn bet doesn't really show any more strength than his flop 3-bet so if I'm folding to a turn bet I might aswell fold to the flop check/3-bet.

Not trying to defend my turn raise too much because I don't really like it. But I thought there were a few hands an aggressive player would check/raise the flop with that I beat.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:53 PM

I would fold on the flop after you get 3-betted. Unless this person really overplays hands like AK/AQ, you're getting soundly beating.

Note that I do love you raising with 66 here because it let's you know where you're at. But once you get 3-betting here, you need to fold and not lose any more money.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold on the flop after you get 3-betted. Unless this person really overplays hands like AK/AQ, you're getting soundly beating.

Note that I do love you raising with 66 here because it let's you know where you're at. But once you get 3-betting here, you need to fold and not lose any more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with "raising for information". You make the pot so big that you almost have to call another bet on the flop getting 14:1 with good implied odds and some stoopid backdoor straight options. I would peal one here because we can make back 4 BB (8 small bets) should we hit the money card. Also, we are closing the action so we don't have to worry about a cap.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with "raising for information". You make the pot so big that you almost have to call another bet on the flop getting 14:1 with good implied odds and some stoopid backdoor straight options. I would peal one here because we can make back 8 BB should we hit the money card. Also, we are closing the action so we don't have to worry about a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that 14:1 is good enough giving implied odds you do hit a 6/7/9 on the turn. I think you need about 18:1 to call here, even though you are closing the action here.