Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Hand Posting Strategy

OK, So I'm really committing to taking an introspective approach to my game. I've always spent a bit of time analyzing my play but not much. What I'm trying to get over is the idea that I can analyze my own play and leave it at that, consequently I'm going to start with hands where I think I have played well and see where you all critique my play. My biggest concern is that I'm getting complacent about believing I'm playing a solid game when in fact, there must be many corrections to be made.

I'll be posting 2 or 3 hands a day for awhile to see what I'm missing. What qualities do you all look for in a hand to post?

Thanks,

cbf
Old 11-12-2004, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Hand Posting Strategy

Your first instinct in posting hands is probably going to be either -

A) "Wow, I won a 24 BB pot with KTs!! Check it out!"
B) "Look, I lost to 94o with AA in a five-way capped pot. [censored]!"

After that, you will start posting hands where you made one mistake that you have already identified, and you feel the need to have it beaten into your skull and absorb the shame.

However, I think the best hands to post are ones where you just felt queasy and ugly throughout, and never really got comfortable, and can't identify why. (see my recent TT post, for example.)

Also, it's sometimes good to think about what your weaknesses are and post hands that address those, whether you won the pot or not. I have problems with playing medium pocket pairs and also with big unsuited cards in late position. (Both of these are kind of tough a lot of the time).

Also, just try not to glut the boards all at once. Post an interesting hand or two, get some good responses, and wait a while.

NT