Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: KK hand

with all this action i would be shocked if he didnt have at least ak (more likely he has top 2, set). After you cap the preflop and he raises your flop bet(which i like) you should call the one bet and hope to pick up a draw on the turn, if not then i think this is a clear fold.

The reason i like to bet this flop is that after you cap preflop and lead the flop, for him to raise this flop he has to have a strong hand. If you check what do you do if he bets? call down? fold? At least with the bet you know where you are
Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with all this action i would be shocked if he didnt have at least ak (more likely he has top 2, set). After you cap the preflop and he raises your flop bet(which i like) you should call the one bet and hope to pick up a draw on the turn, if not then i think this is a clear fold.

The reason i like to bet this flop is that after you cap preflop and lead the flop, for him to raise this flop he has to have a strong hand. If you check what do you do if he bets? call down? fold? At least with the bet you know where you are

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so.
Assume villain has got qq.
He might give up on the flop but he very well may want to try to gain information where he stands by raising the flop and planing to fold to a 3-bet or turn raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:04 PM

if he has qq he has a set and has you beat.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:13 PM

Ejay,
Betting for information is often expensive and useless.

Spydogs line has a few reasonas behind it, one is to induce bluffs.

With your bet line, You're killing bluffs from jay JJ or TT. Where as if you check(We've been shown preflop agression) these hands may take shots at you. Maybe because they think you hold TT or 99.

MATT - your example of QQ has us beat.
KQ would be a better example, If KQ raises this flop we may very well be folding the best hand here which is a concern.

<font color="red"> KAP - Whats his AF? </font>
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 PM

ok i see your point, so if we check there he bets and we call? what about the turn.
I think i have been misplaying these situations
Old 12-15-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This may sound weird, but I would check the flop. Aces aren't folding but everything you beat will fold.

Check-call flop. Check-call turn. Check-fold river. I don't think he fires 3 times without the ace.

If he checks behind on the flop then I would bet-fold the turn.

I play weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

By checking to a guy with KQ though, are you not inducing a value bet? I mean if a 2+2 has KQ would we not encourage a value bet?

Which means you're folding the best hand.

I really think its C/C C/C B/F rather than C/F.
or peel and fold. Either one.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:40 PM

Blind: call the flop, fold turn UI. You're fishing for a club, but once in a blue moon he may be doing something goofy with KJc or have misclicked or something and you can play poker on the river. But I think I give it up right there without the BD nutflush draw.

EDIT: I really like Spydog's post and am jealous that I did not post it first.