Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Bankroll Management

I finished second in an MTT last night so for the first time have a substantial amount of cash deposited with Party Poker.

How do you veterans manage your bankroll as far as where you hold it? Do you keep just a bare minimum with Party or whoever and pull the rest and keep it in a savings account or what?

I play $22 and $33 SNGs (20ish a day) and $22, $33, and occasionally bigger MTTs. What is a good (doesn't have to be ultra-safe) bankroll for these amounts?

Much thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management

i keep most of my roll in Neteller, but I make sure I have plenty in the sites im playing for my roll. For 22 and 33 sngs, i'd recommend at least 20 buyins on the site,and a total of 50+ kept somewhere safe.

PS: go bruins!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 PM

Party doesn't have any interest in freezing your money, and they're actually a legit company in England, so you shouldn't be too worried about keeping money with them.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:39 PM

Thank you for the repsonses.

I have set up a separate savings account for poker bankroll and verified it with PP so that I can move money back and forth as needed (hopefully back, not forth).

As for bankroll amount given what I play, I am keeping $1k with PP and $1k in the poker savings account and then consistently pulling the rest as profits. Does that sound reasonable given the levels I am playing at?

Any additional input very appreciated.

Oh yeah, and GO BRUINS!