Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 AM

Default OT/ How do convince people to make a deal?

Hi!

Just finished 3 in the 10+1, 25K, at stars. Im happy but in the end I wanted to make a deal since 2 of 3 had about the same equity (or chips). But the one with equally the egiuty as me refused, meaning that he had invested so much during the rebuy period that he would brake even with a deal (?!)
Sounded absurd to me that he would have wasted that much, but anyway; he is taking an EV- decision because he wont be a favorite in relation to the gap between 2 and 3. For that he would need to get allin with a big advantage. To tired to do the math but surely 70/30 atleast.

How should i get through to him? He seemed ignorant. No good chater (takes to long for me to type), so any oneliners? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: OT/ How do convince people to make a deal?

who says he needed one huge all in of 70/30? he could have felt denying a deal was +EV if he felt he could outplay both of you.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 AM

If it was Johnster, he's a funny guy and was probably kidding.

He's also VERY good and a consistent winner. So you as a relative unknown would probably have to give up money to get him to chop with you. He's playing for first.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:10 AM

Maybe so. But is it possible, if your opponents doesnt suck to be such a big favorite? He wouldnt even discuss. I might would have agreed with less then a split between us since I felt that I would never be that kind of favorite.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:13 AM

It was!
Ok I looked him up at the databas, and noticed he had alot of ITM. But im guestioning if anyone is a fav in relation to the gaps in payout structure. But I dont know, maybe he is that good.