Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Say what you will about Chicago not being a Sox town

The whole thing was cool, even if I had to watch it on local TV in Chicago. I'm glad they did the whole motorcade through the neighborhoods. Something they should have but never did with the Bulls run. The motorcade route they drew up was well done. Start at the park, drive through a primarily white neighborhood, a black one and an hispanic one before heading for the financial district and the throngs. Watching the national media coverage you'd think Sox fans were only white, but the south side is incredibly diverse and many Sox fans amoung them.

The ticker tape parade was pretty amazing, that was some turnout. Like the Bears in '85 except without the 20 degree below zero wind chill. I like that most of the players kept their comments short, athletes aren't usually very articulate at such events. But Konerko's was really moving. I got all choked up when he handed Reinsdorf the ball. I can see why they say this guy is the clubhouse leader.

Man, it's going to take some time put this blur of wins, this whole insane run and this celebration into perspective.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like that most of the players kept their comments short, athletes aren't usually very articulate at such events. But Konerko's was really moving. I got all choked up when he handed Reinsdorf the ball. I can see why they say this guy is the clubhouse leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can NOT lose him next year.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:26 PM

Chicago is not a sox town; it's full of a bunch of bandwaggoners. It's disgusting; so many "Cubs fans" are pathetic.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chicago is not a sox town; it's full of a bunch of bandwaggoners. It's disgusting; so many "Cubs fans" are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Muck Fichigan
Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The victory parade starts in about 30 minutes. As I look out the window of the Board of Trade where it will begin you can see it's gonna be an absolute madhouse. Lots and lots and lots of people are crowding the streets. To the casual observer it would appear this city is 100% behind them and in full support. It already looks like it's gonna be tough for me to get a good spot to watch from.

The tide may be turning just a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. If the Expos had made a miracle run last year to win the WS, you'd see the same thing. People like being a part of a winning thing. This isn't rocket science.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG, Steve Perry just came to the podium. They're singing "Don't Stop Believing".

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched a replay of the rally. This was the best and worst rendition of this song that I've ever heard. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]