Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

But the blinds were what- something around 100K? So it isn't like he's moving in now for fear of being blinded out later. I think you have to give him credit for a holding that's stronger than what he actually had.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 PM

This may be in part due to the fact that A) He wasn't american to begin with, no hometown stories really.. and B) No one could've predicted that he would've gotten this far into it with the amount of chips that he had at different points in time... just my opinion..
Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 PM

Maybe ESPN could DVD more of the footage that is edited by a hired Poker professional (without the sensationalist commentary) and target it to the serious player. Not good TV, but serious content that I'd pay for . . .
Old 11-16-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone like how Black played that set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it's hard to say because I haven't played with Kanter, but I don't like the way he played it. The board has no apparent threatening draws and, from what the coverage has shown, Kanter is an aggressive player who's likely to bet again on the turn. I think if Black just calls on the flop he doubles up.

[/ QUOTE ]

no apparent threatening draws? you do notices there's a flush/str8 draw out there right and kantor's the guy who busted raymer raising w/ a flush draw. against a shorter stack, you can gamble a little bit and possibly give him a free card but not against a big stack who can cripple you. IMO black played the hand perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Card Player account listed 2 clubs, but when I saw it on TV I was pretty sure the flop was rainbow.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:49 PM

Yes, but if you win this $17M pot, you now have both guaranteed 2nd place money and also have acquired a large chiplead HU.

It's the difference between playing for 1st and 2nd. The way Hachem played that hand signified he was more concerned with "guaranteeing" 2nd place $$$ rather than the "risk" of 1st or 3rd.

Someone said you gotta give Barch credit for a big hand...but surely you can't assume he has QQ, KK, or AA? And if he did, Dannenman wouldn't likely be able to beat Barch post-flop anyway...his only chance would be hitting one of two outs on the turn/river.
Must everybody be putting Barch on AQ, or AK here??? It's 3-handed... his range of hands is far larger than most people on 2+2 are crediting him for.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:32 PM

Bumping this thread up to the top so that it's painfully obvious where posts about the final table should go.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it's hard to say because I haven't played with Kanter, but I don't like the way he played it. The board has no apparent threatening draws and, from what the coverage has shown, Kanter is an aggressive player who's likely to bet again on the turn. I think if Black just calls on the flop he doubles up.

[/ QUOTE ]

no apparent threatening draws? you do notices there's a flush/str8 draw out there right and kantor's the guy who busted raymer raising w/ a flush draw. against a shorter stack, you can gamble a little bit and possibly give him a free card but not against a big stack who can cripple you. IMO black played the hand perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the Card Player account listed 2 clubs, but when I saw it on TV I was pretty sure the flop was rainbow.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw it on TV also and I am pretty sure there were two clubs on the flop.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:07 PM

I think Dannenman got a pretty harsh rep by this board before the airing. After viewing the episodes, he seemed like a chill guy, though his laugh just kills me but that's due to personal experiences that are just to heart-breaking to go into...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were. I thought he played it a bit aggressive, but i also knew Kanter didn't have a straight or a flush draw so... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He took alot of money of Aaron, my thinking was that Black wanted it all in now when he had the best of it, or just take what's already on the table and not have to [censored] around with the draw crazy Kanter.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Hand 226

Hachem checking his Jacks is the right play, because:

1) If Danneman bets, he can based on Danneman's play to that point infer that JJ was beat and fold. I mean, this guy was playing ABC poker with an occasional gamble. He wasn't sharp enough to make a river or turn bluff on the hopes that all-in player whiffed and he could take down the pot with the second best hand.

2) Any reasonable bet would have him committed.

3) Even if he loses the hand by giving free cards, he's in good shape, HU with 10M chips against a rookie, and $2M richer.

4) Its quite possible that if he bets, is risk is for nothing. Danneman would likely fold, and the all-in player could have him beat.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, my eyes must not work then. Still, the club draw heads up is unlikely, and it seems he could have extracted more money out of the situation.