Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Push the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t765)
MP1 (t245)
MP2 (t1175)
CO (t1320)
Button (t1190)
Hero (t1425)
BB (t1880)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls t100, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t400) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t400

Strip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Push the turn?

No.

If you want to take a stab on the turn, bet 300. I'd check the turn. Just too many opponents to get involved in this one.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo..not sure what level this is, but most small buyin players check an ace on the flop. So there's no guarantee that nobody has an ace. Plus you'll get looked up a ridiculous amount of the time by a J with your turn push..you have a big stack so there's no real reason to splash around here, but I still might half pot that ish on the turn.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:51 AM

Thx for the replies... I just dont think I could get them to fold, if I bet half pot...
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 AM

You don't need to get them to fold, if you have the best hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to get them to fold, if you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'd probably weak-stab the turn maybe.. but ONLY because the turn was lower than my 7s. Otherwise I check/fold for sure.

You're just as likely to get an over as an under on the river - plus theres no garuntee that the over would pair someone...so I guess it just depends on how much you value the pot. Weak-stab it if you feel the pot is needed - check if not. Fold to any resistance w/out a STRONG read...

Incidintally..I always kinda laugh though when people limp/complete with a pocket pair, and then wait until the overs flop out to try betting out...just me...