Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 11-20-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Bizarre event, how likely is this?

Hi, I played some poker yesterday and knew one player had QQ twice, then when I checked Poker Tracker I saw something bizarre, do you see it?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, BB folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 calls 27.40 (All-In).

Final Pot:

Results: <font color="#0000FF">
UTG+1 has Qh Qc (three of a kind, queens).
MP2 has Ah Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: MP2 wins . </font>

36 hands later...

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks.

Final Pot:

Results: <font color="#0000FF">
BB has Kd 3d (two pair, nines and threes).
UTG+1 has Qd Qc (two pair, queens and nines).
Outcome: </font>

Question in white: <font color="#FFFFFF">
So the question is, how likely is it that a player get the same starthand in the same position and get the same flop twice in a session? (same except for different suits)</font>

-Hagel
Old 11-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Bizarre event, how likely is this?

Ok, no answers, maybe it's to hard to solve. But here the question is again if someone has a clue:

How big is the chance that a player get QQ twice in the same position (UTG+1) in the same session and both times flop 963? (The session lasted about 90 hands.)
Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 PM

This is absolute definitive proof that online poker software is all rigged.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is just ridiculous. How can you say something so absurd?

This only proves that PartyPoker software is rigged. It has no implication about the other sites.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is just ridiculous. How can you say something so absurd?

This only proves that PartyPoker software is rigged. It has no implication about the other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got dealt J3o on three tables at once on Absolutepoker. That takes care of AP. Anybody else? I bet we can knock them all off tonight, and not have to worry about it ever again.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:21 PM

These things happens, I usually see stuff like that too when I sometimes play two tables.

But this one is the craziest I've seen so far....would have been crazier though if all cards was in the same suit...then I would definetely emailed Party and ask what the h*lls going on [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 AM

I got dealt AK 5 times in a row on the same table once, different suits only one was suited
Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 AM

I played a hand on Empire and lost to a guy that had pocket fours and the flop hit him hard for another pair of fours, I typed that he was a lucky one and that I never was that lucky. The next hand I was dealt pocket fours and then flopped quads. I guess Empire is rigged too.

Later in the session I got pocket AA and they won. That is when I knew for sure Empire was rigged.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:10 AM

I've decided to lurk over from small stakes to see what people post here in Poker Theory. You guys don't believe online poker is 'rigged' do you?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:13 AM

Totally wrong way of looking at it.

How many times have you played about 90 hands and that not happened?

Let me give you an analogy.

Let's say the chances of walking around a corner and bumping into someone you haven't seen for 40 years is about 2 million to one.

I imagine that you walk around billions of corners in your life.

Thus, although on any PARTICULAR occassion it would be weird to bump into said person but in your entire life it would be weird if you that 'coincidence' didn't happen.

Likewise with the poker. If you said, "what is the probability that within the next 90 hands , we get 2 hands where I get the same starting hand and the flop is identical, then the probability is very small.

However, the probability of this hapening within the space of 90 hands at some point is vitually certain because of the number of hands played.

In fact, if this never happened on PP where they are currently on hand number 3,070,044,011 then that would be better evidence of a fix.

Why fix it anyway? They take the rake, so what do they care?