Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 09-17-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: So what do you do with large sums of money?

[ QUOTE ]
Withdraw it as cash, all in dimes. Use the coins (using a glue for which you have a solvent) to build a scale model of the Notre Dame Catedral in your back yard; charge admission for viewings and sell themed gift shop items (T-shirts, etc.) In two years dismantle the model (using that solvent) -- but not before promoting "Last chance to see the Catehdral!!!!" -- and redeposit the dimes, plus your profits.

Should easily generate higher return than Treasuries, CDs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this post.
Another option is to bankroll someone like say... ME?
PM me if you are interested.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:48 PM

If you need it in 2 years do a CD, but if you don't need it for a while definately put it into a MoneyMarkey or Mutual Fund. Those things have the best interest, but that is also associated to the stock market, heh.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Aaaah! What to do???? I got to much money!!!!!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM

What do I do with large sums of money?

Spend it.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Withdraw it as cash, all in dimes. Use the coins (using a glue for which you have a solvent) to build a scale model of the Notre Dame Catedral in your back yard; charge admission for viewings and sell themed gift shop items (T-shirts, etc.) In two years dismantle the model (using that solvent) -- but not before promoting "Last chance to see the Catehdral!!!!" -- and redeposit the dimes, plus your profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooo cliche. Been done a thousand times. Next time, come up with something more original. Seriously.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooo cliche. Been done a thousand times. Next time, come up with something more original. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2005, 09:39 PM

I was in your shoes a few months ago. i wanted to invest it somehow, stocks were too slow and uncertain. so i learned about stock option trading. now im making a killing at a very low risk. learn about options especially about Uncovered Put writing and call writing. each options expires in a month, so u have up to a month to make money. and if you find the right options you can make money at virtually no risk.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a lot of money sitting in my checking account. I don't plan on putting it into stocks. I don't need it for 2+ years. What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go swimming.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 PM

Dude, you're not even the first person to post that picture in this thread. Weak.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in your shoes a few months ago. i wanted to invest it somehow, stocks were too slow and uncertain. so i learned about stock option trading. now im making a killing at a very low risk. learn about options especially about Uncovered Put writing and call writing. each options expires in a month, so u have up to a month to make money. and if you find the right options you can make money at virtually no risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this some kind of sick joke?