Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-28-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Reggie Bush prop bet with my friend

I bet $100 with my friend that if the Texans get the #1 pick that they'll take Bush. My friend says they'll trade it.

Who has the best of it?
Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Reggie Bush prop bet with my friend

No team wants to look up 5 to 6 years from now and say we could have taken Reggie Bush.

They have Dominik Davis but I don't know how you can pass on this guy. He could be a viable receiver as well. Bush will be the first player taken. No doubt.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Texans need a lot more help on their O-line, and they probably can get two first round picks for Bush...

Hard to pass up on Bush, but they're dreadful right now, and Bush won't change that.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No team wants to look up 5 to 6 years from now and say we could have taken Reggie Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure every one said this about Michael Vick. However, I don't see anyone criticizing the Chargers for not taking him. The Texans would be better off trading the pick, but they will end up taking him.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM

Who wins if the Texans draft Bush but then trade him?

That scenario is just as likely as them trading the pick outright, so if you win in that scenario (since the texans would use the #1 pick to draft Bush, whether or not they keep him) I think you've got the best of it, but its a narrow margin.

Because as others have pointed out, there's very little chance the Texans will keep Reggie Bush, unless they can find someone to give them a lot for Dominic Davis. I think other teams will be more inclined to give them a lot of value for Reggie instead, so he won't end up being a Texan.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:04 PM

I hope houston wins this week. Reggie would be great on a Team like the Jets. Though I doubt Jets will have the tie breaker on strength of Schedule. I'm not a Jets fan just hate seeing a great player go to waiste.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:11 PM

I believe it goes to New Orleans if the Texans win and the Texans get the third pick
Old 12-28-2005, 04:36 PM

Yeah, the Saints get the 1st pick if both the Texans and Saints end up 3-13.

I think the Texans would be foolish to keep Bush if the possibility existed that they could get D'Brickishaw Ferguson and another 1st rounder. Keeping Bush there would be horrible. There's a glut of halfbacks in the NFL, and even if Bush is going to be the greatest of all time, the diparity between Bush - a Dominick Davis isn't nearly as bad as Texas O line - D'Brick and another 1st round pick.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who wins if the Texans draft Bush but then trade him?

That scenario is just as likely as them trading the pick outright. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not. In fact, it's very unlikely because of the way the rookie salary cap works in the NFL, not to mention the obvious practicality of knowing where you stand heading into the draft. The Giants/Chargers trade for Eli wouldn't have happened that way if Manning hadn't declared that he didn't want to play for San Diego. Because of that, it wasn't a sure thing that the Chargers would take him, and the Giants were sure they could get a deal done after the fact.

As for the OP, you probably have the best of it, but not by much. It's hard to take the beating from journalists and your fan base for passing on a prospect like Bush, but the Texans seem to understand the value of alchemy on draft day (turned a 6th Round pick into a 3rd Round pick via Drew Henson), so I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the smart thing and trade it.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:23 PM

slight hijack, if you were the texans (or whoever gets 1st pick) what is the least that you would accept for Reggie? Two firsts?