Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 06-23-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: huge pot for micro - how\'d I play?

I like 3betting A9s vs. a steal, but against an MP raise its just a call. I play the flop and the turn the same, however, once he leads the river you gotta just call and hope he overplayed KK w/ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 coldcalled 6times with just a pair of 8's, thats one for the buddy list

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, he had 2 pair, that's pretty good. And there was only 1 overcard.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To original poster: (1) This isn't about tight or loose, its about passive or aggressive. 3 betting preflop is too aggressive for the situation, folding preflop would be too tight. Calling the raise preflop would have been an appropriate level of tightness and aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, that makes sense.

[ QUOTE ]

(2) postflop, put me in your head here, what were you thinking during the hand? I don't mean this in the "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOU RETARD?? way, I mean what was your thought process so we can use that as a stepping stone towards a better one. It seems to me you did little more than think "i have a flush i will raise now" and poker is too complex a game for that to fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this:
"Look at these guys. They're going to give me all their money... Oh class is starting, prof is here, better put up CNN.com... I'm gonna win this big pot...Hey, this is fun...Oh, hi classmate (who is also police officer), I'm not doing anything illegal...I'm gonna win, I'm gonna win..."

I truly got caught up with what I had and barely even noticed the board paired. Honestly, I'm not to the stage where I'm even thinking about what other people have. I assume they're idiots who play with anything and if I'm just moderately tight aggressive they fold or lose and I win and things are great.

Really, I have a hard time keeping the table window open for a whole round, much less for a whole game. I just HAVE to go do something else - read email, post on OOT, read the news, make lunch...