Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Interesting 30-60 hand at canterbury

Really really good game tuesday afternoon as always at Canterbury park. Im dealt AhQh in the sb. Super loose and aggressive player pre-flop raises UTG (very passive postflop unless he flops a big draw then he'll cap the flop and 4 bet the turn). 3 or 4 people cold call. I call BB folds to sweat my hand, and we see a flop of 5-6-7 no hearts no flush draw. Checked around. Ace of diamonds in the turn completing the rainbow. I check with the intention of check raising the UTG bettor who I know will be the ace and hopefuly get someone in between us to call with a weaker ace. As it turns out I wish I would have bet out. Utg Bets very next player raises $120 of his last $260 total, so he has 140 left. Decent player I put him on almost exactly AJ or AQ. He really respects my play as well. I feel he would have bet the flop with A5 A6 or A7. Or a set of course, and he rarely slowplays. Folded around to me. Whats my action?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:03 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Interesting 30-60 hand at canterbury

if you put him on exactly AQ or AJ, folding is stupid.