Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Curtains hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
Since the dead chips in the middle have alot to do with most responses, how would most people play a low pair like this? Complete, 3x, 125, or bait the push here? Reasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like curtains's line for meta-game reasons (as long as he called the push). It tells everyone "respect my raises, cause I just might call your push." So now you can take down future pots with much less risk.

Everyone's so eager to just push in all the time here, but that can cost you later against observant opponents (as you would hope they are at the 215s).
Old 12-22-2005, 07:18 PM

Well, the only thing I really don't want to have happen is for him to flat call, so I think limping is a bad idea.

I like the 125 or 3x bet (I don't see a huge difference between the two values here) to induce a push or fold play. The bet is small enough the LAG might believe he has FE.

-Mike

Note: Part of my repsponse here is the fact that I hate having a big stack LAG on my left. If I can take a chunk of chips specifically from this opponent I will be in much better shape for this tourney.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM

I don't have a comment about the actual hand, but I was wondering where all these posts come from? I've seen a lot of Curtain's hand posts but I must have missed how they started. Can someone fill me in?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:26 PM

Curtains made a post stating he wanted to send HH's out and have people pick and post hands from them. Understandably many people quickly responded they wanted to do this.

-Mike
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 PM

I think folding is terrible btw. You can't fold 66 PF with only 18x the BB in a headsup blind battle. It's possible I should raise larger to begin with, such as 250 or so, because Im not all that interested in encouraging him to reraise with KQ (Although I am interesting in him reraising with A5s and such)....and that my original raise to 125 was a mistake. But raising to 125 and folding is just terrible here.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Wow, I'm out of it. I orginally thought that this was level two and didn't see the comment that the villain was an extreme lag. Against a LAG I think that this is a fairly straightforward call, but I think that many other opponents will only push here with a hand range that crushes 66.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:37 AM

Even if its not a LAG, you cant make a plan that involves folding 66 headsup with 18x the BB. Do you realize the K+S number for 66 is something like 57x the BB. You must play this hand in a fashion that doesn't allow you to fold no matter what, and I believe this is true against all opponents.

You just dont know when someone is going to get fancy with QTs, A5s, 44 etc etc
Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 AM

I was just being stupid and thinking that sometimes I would lay it down with these stacks in level two. In the actual hand I agree that you shouldn't be laying down 66 with 18bb.

You should get on AIM more often
Old 12-23-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize the K+S number for 66 is something like 57x the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

WooT?
Old 12-23-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since the dead chips in the middle have alot to do with most responses, how would most people play a low pair like this? Complete, 3x, 125, or bait the push here? Reasons?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like curtains's line for meta-game reasons (as long as he called the push). It tells everyone "respect my raises, cause I just might call your push." So now you can take down future pots with much less risk.

Everyone's so eager to just push in all the time here, but that can cost you later against observant opponents (as you would hope they are at the 215s).

[/ QUOTE ]

A larger more pot committing raise is fine too, in any case I decided before raising that I was almost surely calling an allin. In retrospect I do prefer a raise of 175-200 against this guy, as I dont want it to be too easy for him to just call preflop.