Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Cheating: looking for links to old discussions

[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think This is the thread.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM

Damn, beaten by a minute. That's the thread in question.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Thanks all. Great links and very valid points regarding the profitability of collusion. I also doubt that it would be viable to stay under the radar for any great length of time. I like to make myself believe that well co-ordinated collusion/cheating would be done at higher stakes ring games. But I do like to review others experiences and/or opinions from time to time.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at the highest buyin tournaments, i believe cheating is rampant and it makes me incredibly unlikely to play at all.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

are you referring mostly to anything over the 215s?

zip
Old 12-13-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at the highest buyin tournaments, i believe cheating is rampant and it makes me incredibly unlikely to play at all.

c

[/ QUOTE ]
I too would be very interested in hearing more about why you hold this view.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did a search for discussions of various forms of potential cheating? I found only 9 posts. Is the topic taboo or is it just so irrelevant that its not discussed. I am not talking about the Party is Rigged type of discussions. I wanted to view topics regarding collusion/trojans etc. or any general discussions on the topic by 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there should probably be more discussion about this as I'm sure collusion is happening at the higher levels.

The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one. Daliman said ZJ could look at all 18 hole cards and collude in any way he liked and it wouldn't make a difference... Daliman would still win money. Classic thread.

I think that most 2+2ers fall into one of three categories with regard to collusion:

1. They already collude a little bit (or more) and don't want to talk about it.

2. They hope that nobody is colluding to a meaningful extent and prefer the ostrich approach with regard to the topic.

3. They figure that all that matters is whether the game is beatable, which bears itself out in their results over significant numbers of hours/games/hands. In other words, it doesn't matter if people are colluding if they can still win, and it doesn't matter if the games are 100% square if they can't beat them.

I fall into category 3 and imagine that a large number of regular players/2+2ers do also.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in category 3. There is obviously cheating.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think This is the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread is so funny that not only should it be stickied, it should be dressed up and called Judy.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 PM

yea i suppose im in group 3 as well. i dont really care how much ppl cheat as long as i can still beat them for a good amount. cheat away if yer still dumping to me. holla
Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one. Daliman said ZJ could look at all 18 hole cards and collude in any way he liked and it wouldn't make a difference... Daliman would still win money. Classic thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

Anyways, what has ZJ done lately? Like the kid fell off the face of the earth....
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

Anyways, what has ZJ done lately? Like the kid fell off the face of the earth....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, he hasn't had any big scores in like...forever. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]