Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 10:21 PM

Default AK 4/8 on UB 1/2 blinds. Turn decision.

4/8 UB $1-2 blinds first raise to $6.. 2nd to $10.. etc... other than the blinds it plays 4/8.

PT doesn't work on my computer so I have to go with human reads... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

My image is tight... I have played around 150 hands and have raised about 12% PF... I don't get out of line much and I think the table is aware of this.

Table is fairly tight... where most action is HU or 3 players... more than that at this time is uncommon.

I hold A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] os....

Unknown limps UTG..
LAP donk limps UTG+1.. could be LAG
two folds.... to me.
Hero raises (from $2 to $6)
A fold..
Button 3 bets to $10
SB, BB.. all others call.

Flop 5 players ($50 pot)
Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Action: SB and BB check..
LAP bets...
Hero Raises.
Button Folds.
SB check 3 bets.
BB folds.
LAP donk 4 bets.
Hero ????

Pot will have about $98 in it if I call.. or 12.25 BB...

I called the two bets...
At this point I had been raising all the pots I was in and continuation betting the flop.... I hadn't shown down a lot of hands and I think the table was getting sick of me... I called the two hoping for a miracle assuming I was behind...

Thoughts? How often am I up against a set here? LAP / LAG could have anything as he has shown down tons of hands that were complete garbage and both the SB and the Hero could be playing off that... or I could be destroyed at this point.

Turn (3 players) $98

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (board [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

SB checks ?
LAP Bets
Hero calls.
SB Calls....

Thoughts? This was at least one of the miracle cards that gave me clean outs to a chop..... I won't put anyone on AT the way this hand was played.....

Thoughts on Flop and Turn.....
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: AK 4/8 on UB 1/2 blinds. Turn decision.

Nm im dumb. But you are missing a 2
Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 PM

SB might be playing scared with a set of jacks or deuces. Or he might be holding KJ and suddenly got scared that someone had KQ or a set on the turn. Or he might have decided to get tricky with QT & a flopped OESD. Lots of possibilities at this point, and with the size of the pot, there's no way you should folding. As for your "LAP...could be a LAG", there's no way to say what he's holding. Maybe KT. Maybe KJ. Maybe AK, maybe 72o. Maybe KK; your read just isn't specific enough to narrow it down.

I'm planning to see a showdown here, although I might could be persuaded to fold for 2 bets UI on the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 PM

It was just one of those hands I got confused on... I had no idea if I was way ahead, way behind... chopping...

When playing the donk... it is impossible to put him on a range of hands.. he is in every pot.. I "rarely" if ever see him fold PF... so hand ranges for this player are out the window...

the SB sort of scared me... because he didn't get out of line to much.... so many two pair and draw hand combos out there....