Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Ideas for forum improvement

He chooses some people to look at hands that he decides whether they are interesting or not.

That means that instead of every hand being posted that is interesting, only hands that the moderator finds interesting will be posted, and other people will be told that their hand is not interesting enough.

Those people could still post those hands, but having been told by whoever this guy is that they are not interesting, will probably post them on a forum that actually wants to read them.

Lori
Old 09-16-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the OT before OT posts have made ppl do more OT posts.
I liked it better the old way, buy-in posted on the post or not posted at all...for instance I see a thread the begins...$5..aces??? and i dont even look at it , i also have the same feeling with some poker stars buy-ins.( $27, wtf!! $27!!!grrr)

Im personally against labels before posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct. the pokerstars posts are still sngs, young man. we don't need to have lots of OT discussion, hopefully that dies out as the STTHU threads are.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:06 PM

Anyway why dont we make over 2500 posts...wait he doesnt have 2500 posts...
Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 PM

Having a 25 post requirement to enter KotZ was bad enough, I don't think they know what they're letting themselves in for making it 500......

Lori
Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 PM

Intresting stuff...well Im a Pooh-bah so I wont be discriminated, my position on the subject is that if there is a nice overlay on the tourney post number discrimation is fine, I dunno if the Kotz thing had an overlay or not.(for instance a freeroll or a bounty and 10 t-shirts)
Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 PM

I don't particularly think it is a good idea because I'd rather judge for myself who the experts are, but wouldn't much care if it didn't interfere with the normal operation of the forum.

However, if it pisses Lorinda off, and she might leave, it is a really terrible idea.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:24 PM

However, if it pisses Lorinda off, and she might leave, it is a really terrible idea.

Ignore anything I say that sounds like a threat, I've been promising to leave this place on and off for years, and reached a compromise by not posting in NLSS.

Lori
Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone acted like that in this forum, I would leave.

I think that idea is one of the worst I've ever seen, and am very disappointed that a moderator would act in that manner.

I certainly won't be visiting MTT anytime soon if that's a genuine post.

If I want to post hands, I'll post them, I don't want a panel of experts telling me what is and isn't appropriate.

I want to break something.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I agree with lorinda; my opinion is not as extreme as this, but I agree in principle.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:22 AM

We're not exactly splitting the atom here.

If you find a post interesting, respond to it. If not, ignore it. If you want to improve the forum, post some hands, respond to some posts.

One thing that Jman did which I found extremely interesting was when he posted an entire HH. Perhaps some more of this would be useful?

One more thing: I know that people like to put down the usefulness of push / fold posts, but often there is disagreement among even the top players as to the correct play. Some push / fold posts are quite simple, others generate good discussion.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:06 AM

push/fold posts may be the most important posts for the large majority of sit and go players as these decisions come up frequently and are of extreme importance to master.