Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

Re V2: I have had trouble finding tables also. I can hear the prompt and, in task bar, I can see their tab blinking, but cannot get them to show.

Also, V2 crashes when I have a lot of tables open (freezes or closes, w an error (that I didn't note [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]b/c I was busy trying to open V1)).

I listed some other problems last week.

I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 PM

After working fine for 20-30 minute periods 8-tabling, I am also seeing MTH v2 crash with error promt "Invalid Setup". When restarted, it runs for increasingly shorter intervals before crashing. After several restarts, it will only go a few hands.

Speaking of setup, do you have to open MTHv2 though WinRAR every use or can you get remove WinRAR once you have a shortcut set up straight to MTHv2?
Old 10-14-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of setup, do you have to open MTHv2 though WinRAR every use or can you get remove WinRAR once you have a shortcut set up straight to MTHv2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use WinRAR whenever opening any MTH file (by default). I don't know anything about WinRAR, and close it immediately after starting MTH. It appears to be some kind of windows from fancy people.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:05 PM

"I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor. "

Same here--all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen. And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .
Old 10-14-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use auto-arrange. I set all the tables together in one corner of monitor two (or in a vertical arrangement, offset by 1/4"). When I want to see the action through to the end of a hand, I pull the table out of the stack immediately after it is returned there (i.e., before it gets buried). This is a hassle (by our new and improved MTH standards). I hope that Orca will create a new command that will allow tables to move temporarilly to new locations, that we specify, for the duration of a hand, and then resume their normal fixed location at the start of the next hand. Because multi-tablers are rarely involved a lot of hands simultaneously, this function would allow 2 monitors to handle as many tables as any one person could possbily play, without loss of ability to follow the action as needed.

[ QUOTE ]
And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that would be brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ] By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea. Good question.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor. "

Same here--all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen. And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

WinRAR can be used for more than the 60 days. I'm only using WinRAR in the beta development since i can't put .exe's up on my website due to security reasons imposed by myself. I'm going to use the ZIP format in the future, that's builtin to Windows XP, so everyone should be able to use it.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After working fine for 20-30 minute periods 8-tabling, I am also seeing MTH v2 crash with error promt "Invalid Setup". When restarted, it runs for increasingly shorter intervals before crashing. After several restarts, it will only go a few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please take a screenshot of the error if you can next time it occurs.

You have to extract the MTH file from the WinRAR file. Right click on it and select "Extract...", or doubleclick it and drag the MTH.exe file out of the window onto your desktop. Running it from inside the WinRAR file could potentially cause problems.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re V2: I have had trouble finding tables also. I can hear the prompt and, in task bar, I can see their tab blinking, but cannot get them to show.

Also, V2 crashes when I have a lot of tables open (freezes or closes, w an error (that I didn't note [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]b/c I was busy trying to open V1)).

I listed some other problems last week.

I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please snap a screenshot if possible next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a mysterious case of "disappearing tables."

Just getting around to experimenting with v2.

I load a couple of tables into the "waiting" position just as I did with v1. When a table goes active, it just disappears off into places unknown, never to be seen again. I have a laptop with one additional monitor. When active, the table is supposed to move to the upper right corner of the monitor; but where it goes, nobody knows. Had to close down the site.

Nobody else has mentioned this phenomenon. ???

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played with v2 both with, and without, the secondary monitor? Theoretically you should be able to choose an active table location on the secondary monitor, and then if you unplug the secondary monitor - without changing the active table location back to the primary monitor - MTH will still think that it should place the table at the secondary monitor, alas outside the primary monitors screen area.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:30 AM

Thanks all for giving it a go with v2. I'm releasing a new version this night which includes a logging feature. This logging feature should enable me to more accurately pinpoint what is causing your troubles.