Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Default When you multitable mid-, high-limit tables? how do you do it?

Hi
To begin with I'm a small stakes player, and my home is at the 2/4 tables. After being up late last night browsing the mid- and high-stakes forum and dreaming about future riches. I came across a post where people talked about multitabling 30/60. Amazingly it seemed quite a few did this. I wonder how you do it? At low limits its pretty easy as you just play your tight abc game and go out looking for the loose players. I have always had the idea that at the mid and high limits you have to pay so much attention to your tricky opponents that it would be almost impossible to multitable, looking for betting patterns etc. Are there still big fish at the high limits? Or Are you getting your money from wannabe mid-,high stakes players that you are fooling with your plays?

Just on more question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Do you put much effort in going through your pokertracker hands to find out players patterns, so you’re up to date the next time you meet them?

/Thx in advance Pete
Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: When you multitable mid-, high-limit tables? how do you do it?

Yes there are still huge fish at 30/60. One of them is 4-tabling right now, and does so regularly. You may settle for 2 per table instead of 6.

Pokertracker and playerview become enormous, for making reads off average to good opponents, and knowing immediately which the bad ones are. Need to be able to look as WSD and AF numbers for things like value betting vs inducing a bluff on the river.. it's more than just using VPIP and PFR to put them on an initial range of hands.

You definitely need to be able to keep track of your opponents independent of pt as well, and occasionally go beyond abc poker, but it's still as important as always not to outthink yourself.

As for the guys that do 8 tables.. someone else is going to have to explain that one to you. I have 2 monitors, but if I try to play 6 I tend to pay off too much, and at more than that, I time out several times per hour.

2nd
Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Thx for the fast answer

Thx for the answers. Gives me a better view of how they play is at the high-limits. Glad to hear that there still are huge fishes at those limits [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].