Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Another Golden Palace stunt

Don't know if this one has been posted yet...but I saw on CNN that some woman was 'selling' the rights to her name on e-bay (to try to put her son through college I believe).

Naturally, the name was bought by our favorite marketing-gimmick site and the woman has legally changed her name to Golden-Palace-Dot-Com (not sure how she spells it....this is what they said in the CNN story).

Golden Palace has been getting a lot of publicity via CNN from these types of schemes. I have also seen previous stories involving them on NBC-Today, local-news (the little humorous national stories they throw in there that they get from the wires or other news services), etc.

I also assume much of this stuff runs in USA Today and other newspapers (and maybe some magazines too ranging from Time to Stuff and everything in-between).

And somewhere there's some dope writing about them on an internet-forum to give them even MORE publicity.