Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Id scud

You know whats funny. These liberals cry about the tiny freedoms that are being taken away from the patriot act to protect our security then they go and say yea I would rather be under Saddam's regime today. If that's not hypocracy than I dont know what is.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Let\'s Do The Twist

[ QUOTE ]
These liberals cry about the tiny freedoms that are being taken away from the patriot act to protect our security then they go and say yea I would rather be under Saddam's regime today.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must be under some sort of hallucination.

The point that yer fellow conservative Broken Glass Can made was that the war in Iraq made the world safer from terror. And when it was pointed out to him that it most certainly DID NOT, he changed tack and started mumbling about Iraqis better off without Hussein!

[ QUOTE ]
If that's not hypocricy than I dont know what is.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the anti-war crowd is doing is "being accurate and consistent". What you guys are doing is a Chubby Checker dance.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Iraq War making us safer?

[ QUOTE ]
Terrorist Attacks by inspired by Iraq before invasion: 0

Terrorist Attacks by inspired by Iraq after invasion : at least 3 major international (probably more), very numerous within iraq.

The only posiible way that anyone could think the iraq war makes westerners safer is as a long term preventative of the chance of nuclear terrorism. EVERY other effect has caused an INCREASE in terrorism. This obviously was not a objective. The increase in terrorism must have been seen as an acceptable price for the other objective/s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the terrorist acts you are alluding too also used Afghanistan in addition to Iraq as an excuse. Also, you must surely remember the multitude of terrorist attacks against the US prior to our invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan(embassy bombings, USS Cole, etc). Its pretty apparant that terrorist have and will attack us regardless of what we do. People who think otherwise are fools.

Attempting to bring democracy to the middle east is a bold and daring plan. Its also the plan which will likely end middle east terrorism against the United States.

Stu
Old 09-06-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Let\'s Do The Twist

You again went on a tanget about what someone else said and not about my argument. If anyone can dissprove why my argument is wrong be my guest.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:18 AM

You didn't make an argument. You made a broad (and insulting) generaliazation about "liberals" and then wrote some non sequiter about Saddam and the patriot act.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:25 AM

It was not Iraq that attacked you!!! In reality it was the talliban funded by the Saudi's.

Also your loosing the war
Old 09-06-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Attempting to bring democracy to the middle east is a bold and daring plan. Its also the plan which will likely end middle east terrorism against the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you force democracy on a country if they don't really want it? This country is democratic because the people that lived here at the time fought for it. Iraq is pseudo-democratic because American soldiers are over there imposing it. As soon as the American soldiers pull out of an area, some terrorist group moves in.

If we ever pull out completely does anyone over there care enough to continue to fight for "democracy?"
Old 09-06-2005, 10:37 AM

"Its pretty apparant that terrorist have and will attack us regardless of what we do. People who think otherwise are fools. "

This statement may have some truth in it, but we are talking about degrees of safty here (this is iherent in the question). The war obviously has decreased our current safety- i don't think even someone like you would argue against that. Its probably best for you to make a more relevent statment before proclaiming people fools.

You go on to talk about the war as part of a plan to spread democracy in the middle east- thus, among other things, raising world safety. This is a good point- if it works, i'm afraid that the US isn't as concerned about this as it makes out. I am not really against the war in principal, just the exection of it, the lying about it and lack of interest in the after-war. As i said before only time will tell if it works out.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Id scud

[ QUOTE ]
You know whats funny. These liberals cry about the tiny freedoms that are being taken away from the patriot act to protect our security then they go and say yea I would rather be under Saddam's regime today. If that's not hypocracy than I dont know what is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone said this exactly, i said ,that in terms of safety, i would rather be in pre-war iraq than post war. It seems a common tactic here to pick out something only vaguely relevent to the point being argued that could be taken in a certain context and use it as a suitable response despite it not addressing much in particular.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Iraq still appears to be a bottomless pit of terror and
despair:

"Fighters loyal to militant leader Abu Musab Zarqawi asserted control over the key Iraqi border town of Qaim on Monday, killing U.S. collaborators and enforcing strict Islamic law, according to tribal members, officials, residents and others in the town and nearby villages.

Many of the towns along the river have been subject to domination by foreign-led fighters, despite repeated Marine offensives in the area since May. Residents and Marines have described insurgents escaping ahead of such drives, and returning when the offensives end.

In Baghdad, insurgents launched a dawn attack on the Interior Ministry, killing two police officers, officials said. Other political violence Monday in Baghdad killed at least 13 civilians, the Associated Press reported."

link to story

I hope we make it through this coming 9/11 anniversary without a terrorist attack. A terrorist attack at this time would be truly devasting. After its handling of this hurricane disaster, FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security do not inspire confidence so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about what might happen on the 9/11 anniversary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter what anyone says unless they happen to agree with your ideology?