Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: PP vs UB and PS

I cut my skills on ladbrokes(doesn't alow US players) but play party at the moment.

When I first played party I hit a good run and made a huge amount(more than i would of on ladbrokes) but when the cards turn bad and the muppets get lucky (repeatedly) i lost most of it back again through tilt.

My conclusionis is thus; When your playing well/running good then party is the place to be, but if your a bit tilty/running bad then play somewhere steadier.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:39 PM

And another thing...

I generally don't have a problem with the layout but two things really annoy me:

1. As has previously been mentioned, the screen pops up even when you pre-set an action (usually fold/check) annoying me as i type this.

2. The 'bet pot' button is great unless it sundenly switches to you and you end up betting the minimum so letting draws in cheap/ruining a bluff opertunity.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:50 PM

I think Party Players are clearly worse then Pokerstars players. Especially at the $25 and $50 tables. More bad lags and maniacs.

I think that Pokerstars has the better software and is much better for tournaments. But I think your money making potential is better at party.

"Really obnoxious noises " ... You can turn all that stuff off. I turn off all the animations, sounds and the characters in the chairs... I think they're just distracting.

The other great thing about Party is that pokertracker and Gametime are formatted for Party.

My advice... you want to win more in cash games, play party. If you're a tourney player, stick to Stars.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:15 AM

When I switched from Stars to Party there was an adjustment period. I found that the playing styles a little different. I suspect this is partially because Party used to have a 50BB max buyin and people played different (more aggressively) with shorter stacks. I found people played more aggressively at Party and I had to adjust. But, the players were clearly worse. When you make a big hand on Party, you're much more likely to get paid off.