Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Empire VIP club, will this work?

I've been thinking of doing exactly this, to push me into the Royal Frush club, however I am a relative noob to MTT's. Is the play in Empire MTT's bad enough to give me a healthy +ev boost for what would be a several hundred dollar foray into uncharted waters?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:42 PM

The Empire VIP system strongly favors playing smaller amounts daily, rather than larger amounts more infrequently. If you play 1 hour each day, vs. 7 hours on a Saturday, you’ll end up with something like 6x as many points playing daily.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Empire VIP system strongly favors playing smaller amounts daily, rather than larger amounts more infrequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it mildy favors playing small amounts of ring games daily over larger spurts of ring games more rarely. However it hugely and grossly favors playing vast amounts of MTTs in a single day.

You can make like 3000 points in a single 24 hours period playing MTTs, you could conceivably make as 200 points playing ring games in a single day! You also pay significantly less rake for the 3000 points than for the 200 points.

They fubared their calculations so much it's not even funny.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Going for the Royal Club

Empire is my currently my main site (besides my new fav TruePoker). I currently have a bit over 10,000 points and would like to make the push for the royal flush club at 15,000.

Sometime this week (maybe Sun.), I am going to start at 12am and play every MTT under $50. Is there anyone out there that would liketo join me in this? Might make a full day on Empire a little more bearable [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Going for the Royal Club

Don't play the ones under 9+1, as they don't count. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 09:16 PM

The $10 2 table tournaments are good enough to get the points?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:18 PM

I did exactly this.

I was at 12.5 or 13k points or so and wanted to get to 15k to get my free $100/mth (deposit $1k and get a $100 bonus DIRECTLY into your account with no raked-hands requirement).

Didn't take me long at all.

I was also in need of tourney practice anyway.

I made about 9k points in 2 weeks without even really trying that hard.

I gave up on the tournaments though because they are kinda boring.
hand for hand at 2 tables even if it's the start of a satellite that only pays-out for 1 seat....REALLY bad structure.
However, the bad structure tilts so many players who get impatient that they just give-away their chips and have even typed things like, "screw this. it's taking forever." and they go all-in with T5o and get knocked out.
Awesome!!
So if you can avoid the tilt of playing in slow-motion hand-for-hand it helps.

I've also played in "multi" table-tourneys there that were just head-to-head. But these can still take an hour (especially so if it's limit obviously).

If it's just 3 people that sign-up for a tourney it will pay 3 places. So you can even sign-up for a $100 tourney (even if it's beyond your comfort level) and run very little risk since it pays back something like $60 for last place.

Also - many of the tourneys are re-buys now and they charge an extra EF on each re-buy which I think is just ridiculous so I don't play those.

But it is a legitimate strategy.
You can get about 900 points in a good, long day of 20 MTT's if you are already VIP:

20 squared is 400,
Plus around another 60 for EF's,
460 doubled is 920.

BTW - I don't know if you get points if you sign-up for a tourney and it doesn't go off because nobody else signs-up.
This does happen with the $100 tourneys sometimes or the late-night $50 PLO or limit Omaha.

Also - They have some higher buy-in levels of $500 and $1000 now which I don't think I've ever seen go off and these are probably out of many VIP-points-whores price-rangers anyway so you probably shouldn't count those when adding up all the tourneys that they have during the day.
"scheduled" doesn't mean it will go off or that you can actually afford it.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $10 2 table tournaments are good enough to get the points?

[/ QUOTE ]

All sit n go's you get 1 point for $2 fee I think. vip = 1 for 1.
you do NOT get the number of tourneys played squared for the multi sit n gos