Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: 10 Suggestion for TruePoker

Blind Response: I have not read the other replies yet, so here goes:

Granny: I love you, have invested in your WSOP attempt, and have tried True as a direct result. There comes a time when one must accept bashing as NOT bashing, but constructive critisism. We WANT True to work. We're not trying to bring it to the ground. I swear, I want to play there.

The OP's comments are, however, completely legitimate. Too much engineering time was spent on the graphics and sounds and not enough on the functionality. I was directly in the middle of the Silicon Valley bubble and bust and say with a tiny bit of authority that THE INTERFACE SUCKS!

Am I saying mimic Party? No. Am I implying they are losers and don't stand a chance? Absolutely not. I think the idea is superb and the customer service top friggin notch. History has been made with the CEO being involved with our forum. These are the reasons I tried it. Me, and plenty of other profitable Party sluts could just stay there the rest of our miserable poker playing cyber life, but we itch for more. True is that chance.

Allow us to bash the crap out of it in hopes that CEO has a thick skin and takes it all constructively. 2+2 rocks and our input taken collectively doubley rocks!

Now STFU and go win us all some money, biatch!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag..........
Old 05-24-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: 10 Reasons to avoid TruePoker

You can't really blame TruePoker for the way the software looks and the decisions they have taken when it comes to blinds. Their target market is probably slightly different than some other sites.

I don't play there but I think TPCEO is doing a great job here at 2+2. He is attentive and is trying hard to slowly but steadily build on what he has. That he isn't going to abandon the core concepts of his business (the 3D etc) is a given, even though you would prefer perhaps a simpler interface.

The only legitimate gripe I see here is number 7 (and 9), should it be the case that players are booted for timing out.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:08 AM

I would like to say thank you to TruePokerCEO, for taking the time to listen to our ideas, give feedback, and take out suggestions. I am sure it is appreciated by more than just myself.

Jason
Old 05-24-2005, 03:14 AM

I haven't played at TruePoker in over a year and the only reason I quit playing there was the interface. A few of the things that I didn't like about the interface are listed here and in a couple of the other threads I've seen in the past week.

I've seen several positive comments regarding customer service and I've read many of the posts that TruePokerCEO has made recently. He seems to be responsive to suggestions. I checked out the points program a couple of days ago and that looks pretty sweet. I wouldn't mind a cruise and a few trips to Vegas on the house every year. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

There needs to be an alternative to the 3D interface, though. I like to get my hands in on a plain and simple 2D interface. If the option to choose between 2D and 3D could be added somehow, I'd 4-table over there for a month or two to see how things go.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a True poker hat, but it is too small for my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto lol, I felt like the kid from Mask (the Cher one) when I tried it on [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 07:31 AM

I haven't played at TruePoker, but would a skin not be out of the question?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:42 AM

givem the popularity of 3d point-of-view video games I don't think it's that extreme to predict that this format for online-poker would have proven to be extremely popular.

just didn't seem to work out that way i guess.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. The hands go too slow

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played at Poker Star? A player can gets a 60 seond time bank?

The Cryptos also have slow software than True.

I always thought that the speed at True was fine, normal.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Top Reason to PLAY TruePoker

NL25 games are even fishier than Party. With the blinds at $1 you get a lot of action at the low limits.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:03 PM

I don't really want to bash True Poker since I think it's a worthy effort too, and True Poker CEO is one of the top executives in the industry, however the real wake-up call should be that most of the post defending True Poker are essentially "True Poker is a great site.. Mind you, I don't actually play there... But it's a really great site, really... Some of my best friends are True Poker players... Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

I played at True for a while, living off the money gained from the Newbie SNG Freerolls (an excellent idea, however it's really silly to prohibit players from using the money in tournaments and restricting them to ring games until they deposit) however I haven't been back simply because there are better places to play even though I have a bunch of Poker Points which could potentially make depositing there worthwhile except the points are essentially useless (Of course, this is the case with points-type promotions on most sites but it's particularly bad with True Poker. I have zero interest in wearing clothing with poker site logos on them, which leaves a bunch of books I already own or some Freeroll tournaments I can never play in because they are only run during business hours (booo!!!) - At least (some of) the points-freerolls at other sites are held at times of the day when people with real jobs can play in them. For a site that supposed to be catering to the casual player, this is an incredible oversight....)