Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:05 AM

Default making mistakes

i was in a multi table tourn a new guy took a seat ... we are 5 handed and i am on the bb with A6os the flop comes 10 8 A rainbow ... i bet a nice ammount and get called ... the turn is a blank i go all in and get called with a dominated A ... in my opionion i played horribly ... ne insight is welcome
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: making mistakes

What were blinds, how many players were left, how many make the money, what were chips stacks, what position did he play from?

It's really hard to say without more information. If you are 5 handed, I'm guessing it's near the end of the tournament. Also, if it's 5 handed and it is limped to me in the BB with A6, I'm raising most of the time. Somewhat dependent on other factors like where we are in the tournament and chip stacks... But with A6 you have to ask yourself what a good flop is for you. There ain't much that would make me happy, so I want to raise and try to take it down right there. If you are called, and an Ace comes, you should be sure you are in bad shape. And if a 6 comes, you could be against a bigger pocket pair... so it's very hard to play this OOP against a bunch of callers.

So, in general I raise preflop. Make one bet at the pot on the flop. And am done with the hand after that, unless I hit two pair, the villain makes a minimum bet and I have the chips to call it, or some other situations are prevailing that aren't answered in the initial post.