Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: POV from somebody that\'s performed circumcisions

You've never seen your dad's pecker?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 AM

Default POV from someone who has been both

Don't stray into OOT often but I'll throw my $0.02 in.

I spent the first 22 years of my life uncircumcized.
At 23 I developed phimosis (as previously quoted only occurs in 2% of uncut males), after some other treatment circumcision was the best solution. I have now been circumcized for 2 years.

Having experienced both sides of it, I recommend circumcision (and not because of phimosis which is fairly rare). Mainly, with both sides being equal (which I think they are) I would lean toward the side that is more standard. Just look at the poll and you will see that the majority is circumcized (especially in America). Being different is hard for some children to understand, and while rare it can be an area of ridicule.

Cleanliness - It is not really any harder to clean, it requires pulling back a piece of skin which isn't to complex. A simple conversation about how to wash yourself/genral hygiene (which parents should have with their children anyway) would solve any problems.

Sex - I have never been denied sex after someone found out I wasn't circumsized. But to some girls/women it does come as a shock.
I have heard numerous discussions that women prefer oral on circumcized men and have found this to be true. But I was still getting head before I was circumcized.
As for feeling, the sensation is slightly different but it's pretty much equal. In reality, I enjoy it more now that I'm circumcized than I did before but I have heard opposite arguments as well.

So.........

It's really not going to make a big difference to your (possible) son's life either way. I would have any future sons circumcized as it is society's norm and I see no harm in it. But if you don't feel comfortable "hacking at his little member" then don't.

Dopey
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Circumcise my baby boy?

Hell no
Old 10-24-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: POV from somebody that\'s performed circumcisions

[ QUOTE ]
You've never seen your dad's pecker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:06 AM

I am circumcised. I often wonder what it would be like if I had not been. I will not have it done to my children. And I marvel at those who think circumcision is perfectly normal but find, say, lip stretching to be a strange custom.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 AM

The "He can do it later in life if he chooses" argument bothers me for some reason.

Why would anyone choose to do it later in life? Outside of getting it done for medical reasons.I have never heard of someone getting it done but I'm sure it happens. If so why?

The only reason I can think of is they see it as abnormal and want to be normal. Or the woman/women they are with see it as abnormal and kinda scary (as some of the women of OOT have stated)

While it is probably uncommon to get it done later in life, the fact that someone would actually get it done makes me believe that for every person who gets it done later in life, there are probably a fair number who wished they had it done but are not willing to actually let someone "hack at their member" later in life.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you circumcised?
You may choose only one
Yes.
No.
I am female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Females get circumcised too you know. What if it's a daughter. Are you going to cut her too ?
Old 10-24-2005, 06:33 AM

I did a google and ran into this pic.
Linky

Interesting....

DOn't have time to research this crap. Maybe tomorrow....
Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Trauma issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Are you serious?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 AM

Wash your pecker like you wash your balls. Everytime you shower w/ soap and water and you will have no issues w/ cleanliness.
If you are fully erect, it will look like a circumcised penis.
Don't cut. Its a tradition based on superstition. There is no need to do it. Foreskin is a natural part of the body, would you consider cutting off your earlobe, because some imaginary man told some dude in the desert to do so years ago? If you answer yes, then I guess you have your reason for circumcising as well.