Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:17 PM

Default I pair my ace!

PF Raiser is TAG (24/15 after 120 hands), CO is 49/7/2.1 after 90
Preflop is debatable, what do we think?
Against non-TAG players, I donk the flop a lot and call down to further aggression. Here I think I'm better off calling and seeing what happens.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.67 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: I pair my ace!

hmm. I'm thinking check-raise this flop and fold to a 3-bet? Well he did raise UTG. Our relative position sucks with the pfr on our left. OK, maybe this line sucks, perhaps if there was a diamond we could c/r, call a 3-bet and re-eval on the turn. Your line seems fine, as our position sucks.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:26 PM

I'd rather CR this flop when it's 3-way. If he 3-bets then you can let it go on the turn UI. If he raises you on the turn then you can let it go. If it was HU then the ole' CDC line seems to work the best.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:59 PM

Hmm..

I'm drawing dead to AA/KK/AK, 10 combos

I'm drawing to 3 outs against AQ-A9, A8s-A7s, A9 slightly reduced: 36 combos

He'l peel if C/R-ed with KQ, KJ, QJ, QTs, JTs, roughly 44 combos

He folds QQ-77 36 combos

I don't know, I lose one BB if I'm behind, but he will just fold with 36 combos (losing just 1/2 BB for betting out). If he raises turn, I lose 1.5 BB.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:23 PM

I probably do this too often, but how about checkraising the flop? If we get three-bet, I think we can assume we are way behind, if still drawing live. If called, I bet/fold the turn. But again, I like to spew chips. But if I am UTG, I play other big pocket pairs the same way if the BB just keeps calling.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Preflop is an easy call I think. On the turn you are folding the best hand way too often. I like either check/calling all the way down, or perhaps check/calling the turn, and betting the river. He may wuss out if he has a pair of kings or a PP and not bet the river, but might call your river bet.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:27 PM

After reading your post about what we are behind to, I definitely think we should debate the preflop call. You hit your ace, but will fold to two bets from preflop raiser. IMO its not worth calling preflop to try and hit flush or 66x flop.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:52 PM

I don't ever fold this because the preflop raiser is betting every street that I check to him.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 AM

i think im calling the turn. any 2, 9 or 6 and you are in decent shape. CO's calls could mean anything, as he looks like a bit like a fishy. If the river bricks off and you'd have to oovercall, then i think you can fold safely.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is an easy call I think. On the turn you are folding the best hand way too often. I like either check/calling all the way down, or perhaps check/calling the turn, and betting the river. He may wuss out if he has a pair of kings or a PP and not bet the river, but might call your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you at all concerned with the 3rd player in the pot? IMHO it is his presence that makes this a tricky hand.